New Northland Road construction 435 and 210 Interchange

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
Slobberknockers
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

New Northland Road construction 435 and 210 Interchange

Post by Slobberknockers »

http://www.modot.org/kansascity/major_p ... roject.htm

Couple this with the new interchange work at Pleasant Valley and I-35, should be a fun few years of driving.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: New Northland Road construction 435 and 210 Interchange

Post by loftguy »

Slobberknockers wrote:http://www.modot.org/kansascity/major_p ... roject.htm

Couple this with the new interchange work at Pleasant Valley and I-35, should be a fun few years of driving.
1 interchange = $39,000,000.00

When was the vote on this expenditure?

Who exactly is making money off of this?

What are the maintenance costs and from where will they come?

Where is the outrage?
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

loftguy wrote:1 interchange = $39,000,000.00

Where is the outrage?
*like*
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

loftguy wrote:
Slobberknockers wrote:http://www.modot.org/kansascity/major_p ... roject.htm

1 interchange = $39,000,000.00

When was the vote on this expenditure? No vote needed, I just approved it.

Who exactly is making money off of this? Of course me.

What are the maintenance costs and from where will they come? Who cares because its from your pocket.

Where is the outrage? Off with your head if there is.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

This intersection is awful. I drive through it everyday. The two through lanes have semi truck traffic merging from 210 to south 435. And then east bound 210 traffic takes the third south bound lane.
The two merges are right after each other which makes for a very dangerous 1/2 mile. Also 435 is 3 lanes from I-35 south. This intersection reduces the 3 lanes to two, adds merging traffic and then adds back the third lane. The original design had poor considerations for all of this.

The Northland needs money spent on our roads too. Seems like every freaking bridge in Johnson county over 435 has been redone by KDot, nice to see money spent on the Missouri side up north.
This is also a major thoroughfare for Northland commuters to our South KC/Johnson county jobs.
Slobberknockers
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Slobberknockers »

It is nice to see money going into the Northland's infrastructure, having spent a lot of time down south (OP, Olathe area) recently it's really amazing how much more they have in terms of roads and new and different restaurants/retail businesses.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Slobberknockers wrote:It is nice to see money going into the Northland's infrastructure, having spent a lot of time down south (OP, Olathe area) recently it's really amazing how much more they have in terms of roads and new and different restaurants/retail businesses.
yep, Overland Park is one big ponzi scheme

it looks good until it comes crashing down

to the northland's credit, it's been relatively stable in terms of change. leads to some quirks but it works
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

loftguy wrote:1 interchange = $39,000,000.00

Where is the outrage?
Cedar Fair and Ameristar must be in cahoots on this toy car interchange boondoggle!
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

The first and only "diverging diamond" I came across was in Joplin, MO. They put one in at I-44 and Rangeline Rd. Its a little disconcerting when you first drive through it. I've seen plenty of drivers up here that seem confounded by round-a-bouts, I can only imagine the insanity that will ensue once this opens.

Hope it does help with traffic there though. I always felt that interchange was horrible for having all that semi traffic on it. Steep on-ramp with short runs before merging = semi's going 30 mph trying to merge with highway traffic at 70mph. Not a good mix.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

SWFan wrote:The first and only "diverging diamond" I came across was in Joplin, MO. They put one in at I-44 and Rangeline Rd. Its a little disconcerting when you first drive through it. I've seen plenty of drivers up here that seem confounded by round-a-bouts, I can only imagine the insanity that will ensue once this opens.

Hope it does help with traffic there though. I always felt that interchange was horrible for having all that semi traffic on it. Steep on-ramp with short runs before merging = semi's going 30 mph trying to merge with highway traffic at 70mph. Not a good mix.
they're stupid easy to drive through for drivers. that's why they work

there's one at 435 and Front Street too. modot jumped on board since it reduces the number of cycles on a light to two and all to/from ramp traffic doesn't stop, at a maximum it yields