Whitehall Station at Liberty

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Whitehall Station at Liberty

Post by mgsports »

Fashion Tenants and other Places to serve the market so maybe Belk,Bealls,Shopko,HHGREGG,
Tilly's,Boston Store,Grander Mountain and so on not here yet.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Whitehall Station at Liberty

Post by flyingember »

yes, vague is worth it's own post
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

If this is in the city of KCMO, I sure hope the city turns it down. This AND metro north can't both happen and metro north needs to happen.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

GRID wrote:If this is in the city of KCMO, I sure hope the city turns it down. This AND metro north can't both happen and metro north needs to happen.
it's in Liberty where it meets Pleasant Valley and Claycomo.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

Looks like it's this: http://www.cblproperties.com/pag.nsf/Pr ... enDocument

Apparently strip malls are "pedestrian friendly" now.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

longviewmo wrote:Looks like it's this: http://www.cblproperties.com/pag.nsf/Pr ... enDocument

Apparently strip malls are "pedestrian friendly" now.
that's it. A lot depends on S. Liberty Parkway being finished. Which appears to go up for bid next year.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

I really hope they improve the interchange there at Pleasant Valley Road between the N and S bound lanes of I-35. There is a lot of semi traffic there with QT and the Ford plant. The road is rippled and rough. This shopping center looks like it might end up being just close enough to that intersection to make it a CF worthy of I-35/MO-152 or I-35/291.

What is it with KC and I-35 in the Northland?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I don't see anything in the 2014-18 modot plan and that should be theirs to work on. so much of the worst pavement in the northland is controlled by modot

report the issue here.
http://www.modot.org/asp/repair.htm
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

I also wonder if Pleasant Valley will be a problem? Likely this could see a dramatic increase in traffic coming from Brighton over to the shopping center which would route either 152 or on Pleasant Valley Rd. The PV Road traffic could be substantial and PV Road from the west border of PV over to I-35 is a dinky road with no shoulders and two stop signs. On the upside, the PV cops will be able to print money in that quarter mile section with all the tickets they'll likely be writing.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

SWFan wrote:I also wonder if Pleasant Valley will be a problem? Likely this could see a dramatic increase in traffic coming from Brighton over to the shopping center which would route either 152 or on Pleasant Valley Rd. The PV Road traffic could be substantial and PV Road from the west border of PV over to I-35 is a dinky road with no shoulders and two stop signs. On the upside, the PV cops will be able to print money in that quarter mile section with all the tickets they'll likely be writing.
Good observation. I still tend to think of PV road as a little country road, but I'm sure that is quickly changing. Those cops are the most ticket writing ones I've ever encountered. They will write anything there for revenue.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

im2kull wrote:Good observation. I still tend to think of PV road as a little country road, but I'm sure that is quickly changing. Those cops are the most ticket writing ones I've ever encountered. They will write anything there for revenue.
I don't know they have a lot of competition with the Claycomo cops who have a goldmine with 69 hwy.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

im2kull wrote:
SWFan wrote:I also wonder if Pleasant Valley will be a problem? Likely this could see a dramatic increase in traffic coming from Brighton over to the shopping center which would route either 152 or on Pleasant Valley Rd. The PV Road traffic could be substantial and PV Road from the west border of PV over to I-35 is a dinky road with no shoulders and two stop signs. On the upside, the PV cops will be able to print money in that quarter mile section with all the tickets they'll likely be writing.
Good observation. I still tend to think of PV road as a little country road, but I'm sure that is quickly changing. Those cops are the most ticket writing ones I've ever encountered. They will write anything there for revenue.
it used to be worse until they moved the interstate exit and then rerouted through traffic away from those homes east of I-35

I forget the speed limit, but it really was the limit there
Northlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Northlander »

The I-35/Pleasant Valley Road interchange is scheduled to be totally reconfigured beginning next year. It's going out to bid in July 2014 with construction starting in September 2014. I have seen about half a dozen plans, but the last one I saw on Tuesday that was supposed to be a final plan was not it. A public meeting should be scheduled soon.

Garrison road, which is used for the main truck entrance to the Ford plant, cuts through the heart of the Whitehall Station development. I think the Flintlock extension down to 69 Highway, to redirect the truck traffic, will need to happen before this development begins.