Chick-Fil-A in Liberty Triangle

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
KCJason
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Chick-Fil-A in Liberty Triangle

Post by KCJason »

I was out running errands and finally saw a coming soon sign on the new construction on the NW corner of 152 and Conistor (right in front of Lowes). The small restaurant space is going to be a Chick-Fil-A. I know that permits had been filed for a Chick-Fil-A right outside of Zona Rosa a couple of years ago but work never started on that project. They also completed a small retail strip (similar to the one across the street with Planet Sub, Vintage Stock etc). I did not see any signage on that strip as of yet.
Check out my new blog at http://kcnorthland.blogspot.com
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Chick-Fil-A in Liberty Triangle

Post by im2kull »

KCJason wrote: I was out running errands and finally saw a coming soon sign on the new construction on the NW corner of 152 and Conistor (right in front of Lowes). The small restaurant space is going to be a Chick-Fil-A. I know that permits had been filed for a Chick-Fil-A right outside of Zona Rosa a couple of years ago but work never started on that project. They also completed a small retail strip (similar to the one across the street with Planet Sub, Vintage Stock etc). I did not see any signage on that strip as of yet.
Intersting.  The talk of a Joes Crab Shack goes away, and Chick-Fil-A takes its place.  Either way, a nice addition for the Northland.  Chain or not, its nice to have something "new" be built in the northland, rather than another Mcdonalds, etc.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
Jeff
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Jeff »

We're also getting a Culvers across the street from Chick-Fil-A next to CVS and Minskys is renovating the old Ponderosa.
KC_Hams

Post by KC_Hams »

Great news! Thanks to all of you for sharing. Now if we could just get a Go-Chicken-Go up north...
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

And an In a Tub further south.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KC_Hams wrote: Great news! Thanks to all of you for sharing. Now if we could just get a Go-Chicken-Go up north...
Or a Taco Johns!

(Not that I actually like them, but that they'd be a new chain to the area)
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
Slobberknockers
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Slobberknockers »

Baskin Robbins is coming in between the new Chick Fil A and Lowes, in the new little strip of stores.
janda
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by janda »

im2kull wrote: Or a Taco Johns!

(Not that I actually like them, but that they'd be a new chain to the area)
There's no value in being ashamed of liking Taco John's.

Green sauce FTW.
Jeff
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Jeff »

:D Chick-Fil-A opens tomorrow in Liberty, looking forward to it.

I tried out the Five Guys Burgers across the street. Never again, way too expensive for what you get.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Jeff wrote: :D Chick-Fil-A opens tomorrow in Liberty, looking forward to it.

I tried out the Five Guys Burgers across the street. Never again, way too expensive for what you get.
Did anyone else see where Chick-Fil-A was giving away free sandwiches over this last weekend to promote their opening tomorow?

Jeff, How were the prices at Five Guys?  I've been wanting to try the place, but I'm not sure what to look forward to. Is it any better than Red Robin?  I was hoping for the nice, huge, great tasting, greasy burger & fries of sorts that you get from smaller chains...guessing that's not the case?
THINK (ONE) KC.
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

It's a freaking chicken sandwich...do any of these idiots who camped out for 52 free sandwiches have any dignity?
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

The Chik-Fil-A in Roanoke, VA, was never open on Sundays. I assume the same will be true of the new one here out north.
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: Did anyone else see where Chick-Fil-A was giving away free sandwiches over this last weekend to promote their opening tomorow?
Pretty sure they run that stunt for every new store opening. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Roanoker wrote: The Chik-Fil-A in Roanoke, VA, was never open on Sundays. I assume the same will be true of the new one here out north.
Yessir. That's how the one in Ward Parkway operates.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

NDTeve wrote: Yessir. That's how the one in Ward Parkway operates.
yeah, it's company policy to not be open on sundays.  the one in the student union at MU would have a cardboard cutout of the CEO in front of it on sundays that said something like "see you in church!"
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

chrizow wrote: yeah, it's company policy to not be open on sundays.  the one in the student union at MU would have a cardboard cutout of the CEO in front of it on sundays that said something like "see you in church!"
They should get a cutout of one of the spokescows dressed up in a nun's habit.  :lol:
Jeff
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Jeff »

im2kull wrote: Did anyone else see where Chick-Fil-A was giving away free sandwiches over this last weekend to promote their opening tomorow?

Jeff, How were the prices at Five Guys?  I've been wanting to try the place, but I'm not sure what to look forward to. Is it any better than Red Robin?  I was hoping for the nice, huge, great tasting, greasy burger & fries of sorts that you get from smaller chains...guessing that's not the case?
I heard the KCTV5 We'reHitless news team say that Chick-Fil-A was giving away free food for a year to the first 100 people in the door yesterday. Worth camping out to some folks, I guess.

I bought a "regular" burger (two patties-$4.99), fries($2.89) and "regular" (small) drink ($1.89) and the bill was $10.07. The burger was fairly good but not spectacular. The fries were very greasy and limp, but plentiful. (I admit I have a pet peeve about soft, mushy fries from anybody but this was a little much.) I guess I would get the burger again but not the fries and bring my own drink.

By the way, have you tried the 300 Burger at Retro Bowl in Liberty? It's pretty good!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Jeff wrote: I heard the KCTV5 We'reHitless news team say that Chick-Fil-A was giving away free food for a year to the first 100 people in the door yesterday. Worth camping out to some folks, I guess.

I bought a "regular" burger (two patties-$4.99), fries($2.89) and "regular" (small) drink ($1.89) and the bill was $10.07. The burger was fairly good but not spectacular. The fries were very greasy and limp, but plentiful. (I admit I have a pet peeve about soft, mushy fries from anybody but this was a little much.) I guess I would get the burger again but not the fries and bring my own drink.

By the way, have you tried the 300 Burger at Retro Bowl in Liberty? It's pretty good!
I also saw the deal about the first 100 people in getting free food for a year.  Interesting, but probably not worth camping out for...unless you don't really mind waiting in line, and have nothing else to do.  I've never been a big fan of chick-fil-a....always seems like the portions are WAY tooo small and horrendously overpriced.  Everytime I go there it costs me like 15 bucks..Just for myself!

I guess that's not really too bad a price...for the Five Guys burger.  I will probably have to try the place out for myself sometime, just skip on the fries and drink.  There's no sense in paying for something that's complete crap.  I'd much rather spend 10 bucks at Fudd Ruckers and get $20 worth of well prepared, great tasting, cooked to perfection, food.  Hopefully they'll wise up and open a northland location.  I hate having to drive all the way down to Overland Park, or Independence for a burger.  They are well worth it though.

And the 300 burger, yes...simply glorious!  Not the biggest burger in town, but they taste amazing, and the price is spot on!  I've seen various articles in the Star over the years about the 300, never would've thought something that good could be made at a bowling alley!
THINK (ONE) KC.