So I was driving down 152...

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

And everything has changed. I know suburban sprawl sucks, but is it not fun to go to the other side of town once a year and see all the new stuff? I'm sure when northland people come out east or eastern jack people go to JoCo, it's the same way. So much new stuff.

Anyway, I was just floored at not only the developments all along 152, but all the new exits. Brand new 4 lane streets all over the place. KCMO is finally getting some infrastructure in place up there. God that area could get so big someday.
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

Johnson County can only run so far to Wichita. Eastern Jackson County can only run so far to Columbia. The Northland can run all day long between downtown and KCI.
Calling a spade a spade.
kcmajik
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kcmajik »

yeah grid it really is amazing the growth up there. my uncle who is a remaxx realtor in platte county has said all along( for the last 10 years or so) that the northland will really be kind of its own city up there. i guess kind of like JOCO in way. the north people really don't go south too much. he says that his new residents in the tiffany springs/nw 108th area rarely go south of the river, other than to go to the plaza.

soon 152 will be freeway(limited access) from both sides of 435. i hope to God they get more dense south of there before it goes that far.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

I live in Parkville and drive 152 to Liberty at least twice a week. Sometimes twice a day.

It has just been wonderful to finally drive 152 in nice friendly 4 lane all the way to Liberty.

The new exits are great too because I can stop off for errands along the way at just the right spot.

They did a great job and did it quickly and with a minimum amount of inconvenience for drivers. The worst inconvenience was having Green Hills Road closed for so long.

The Liberty corner of 152 and I35 is a botched abortion as far as I am concerned. A traffic jam worthy of Barry and 152, so I suppose you could call them "bookends" on a nice stretch of road.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

kcmajik wrote: soon 152 will be freeway(limited access) from both sides of 435. i hope to God they get more dense south of there before it goes that far.
Isn't 152 already a limited access freway all the way across? Untill you get to the clusterfvck at I-35 anyway.
kcmajik
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kcmajik »

no- not limited access- there's a stoplight at shoal creek and then you hit the cluster at i-35. the plans only call for limited access from 435 in platte to 435 in clay, and then east of 435 it's designed for a parkway for some dumb reason.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

kcmajik wrote:no- not limited access- there's a stoplight at shoal creek and then you hit the cluster at i-35. the plans only call for limited access from 435 in platte to 435 in clay, and then east of 435 it's designed for a parkway for some dumb reason.
That's what I meant, it's now limited access from 435 to 435, shoal creek is east of 435.
kcmajik
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kcmajik »

it's not COMPLETELY four laned yet though to 435 in platte but i guess when they get the funding for it, they'll go ahead and paver up.