Demolition on Burlington

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
HalcyonKC
New York Life
New York Life

Demolition on Burlington

Post by HalcyonKC »

I noticed today that some of the industrial complex on the west side of Burlington, northwest of the Armour intersection, is being demolished.  (The site in question has a grain elevator on it and is behind a car wash).  Does anyone have more information about what's going on?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Demolition on Burlington

Post by DaveKCMO »

i saw that last weekend. no idea what will become of the site. it's between 20th and 23rd and can be seen pre-demo on google earth. looks like it might have been part of a complex that includes the adjacent grain elevators.
drramos101
Pad site
Pad site

Post by drramos101 »

I was at that car wash this weekend waiting in line and the woman at the booth told me that she heard a developer was using the land to build loft buildings and use an existing building for lofts and offices. We were talking about how horrible of a location for residential that is. It's right next to the train tracks and has high noise level. Eh. She wasn't positive, but she said that what's been going around the past few months.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

drramos101 wrote: I was at that car wash this weekend waiting in line and the woman at the booth told me that she heard a developer was using the land to build loft buildings and use an existing building for lofts and offices. We were talking about how horrible of a location for residential that is. It's right next to the train tracks and has high noise level. Eh. She wasn't positive, but she said that what's been going around the past few months.
i've never personally lived next to those exact tracks, but it's actually a railyard and the train movements are slow (faster ones are along the west edge, along 169). i'm also pretty sure they don't use whistles since there are no grade crossings (except maybe one in harlem that is several blocks south).

i was poking around NKC's website last night looking for info and found nothing specific to this project, but did find this area plan that might prove interesting to many of you: