Cerner Dedicates Expanded Headquarters

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Good news for one of KC's dwindling supply of big corporate headquaters, and just about the only local technology company that is still growing.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 954255.htm

http://cerner.com/aboutcerner/aboutcerner_3a.asp?id=812

KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

please dont post another link to a site where you have to register to view it...
Also, on WDAF they said the tower is 188ft, how many floors is the building its attached to?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Devin....you have to register to read all Star articles now....he can post whatever he wants.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

man, why do they make people register for everything now?
also, what about people to dont wanna register like just casual visitors?
And couldnt he just post the text?
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

I don't post the text because I personally find it annoying when people do that. It forces people to scroll through pages of stuff to find the discussion of the board members, when a simple link to an external source would suffice.

Yes it's a pain in the ass that the Star makes you register, but access to their site is still free. The registration is inline with what other newspapers require these days.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Devin.....don't worry about how everybody else posts...I'll take care of that... ;)

All papers make you register now....got to know their demographics you know.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

But some of the stories they will not let you access after a certain date for free...so I think it's cool have stories on the board in order to compensate for that.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

If they require you to pay to see older articles, then I'm sure there aren't any ads on the page when you view those, right? yeah.... bastards.

The thing that bothers me about the Star's registration requirement is that they want waaay too much information from you, and it's a lot more than they need for simple demographic study and positioning.

from their privacy policy page:

The email address provided by you at registration, or as updated, may be used by KRD to contact you for any reason, including: (1) Your account status (including an email confirmation of registration), (2) Major changes to the website, the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, and (3) Participation in user surveys, asking for feedback on the website and notifying you of existing or prospective products and services. This information helps us to improve our website, and any information we obtain will not be shared with third parties, except in aggregate form. The street address provided by you at registration may be used to contact you by postal mail with special offers and promotions.

So they use your email and snail mail address to spam you. As they say, for any reason, they are henceforth authorized by your acceptance of their terms, to spam you. So, it isn't free. It's their business, and they can run it any way they wish, but I for one, will not be registering.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

They don't verify your email address. You can fill out the form with completely false information and still get access. There ain't no free lunch anywhere, if you want a product produced by a company then you have to pay for it - either with your money, your eyeballs on ads, or your personal information.