I-35 and 291<< Walgreens and Price Chopper

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
4everNorthlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

I-35 and 291<< Walgreens and Price Chopper

Post by 4everNorthlander »

I've heard that a Price Chopper is going in, right behind Pour Boy's and next to McDonald's. (Across from Pleasant Valley Church).

Also, a Walgreen's will be built across from Sonic, next to the houses there.  Has anyone else heard of this?

Also, the new Chinese Place up there is pretty good.  They have a real good lunch deal.
Crazy mom of 4!  KC resident, Liberty schools
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: I-35 and 291<< Walgreens and Price Chopper

Post by ShowME »

Where did you hear this?  I assume both would be within KCMO city limits since both Pour Boys and Mcdonalds are both KCMO.  The church across the street is Liberty.
Calling a spade a spade.
KC_Hams

Post by KC_Hams »

Found the Walgreens info:

http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/liveweb/Meeti ... j%2fkFkSLv

Item 071325
4everNorthlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

ShowME wrote: Where did you hear this?  I assume both would be within KCMO city limits since both Pour Boys and Mcdonalds are both KCMO.  The church across the street is Liberty.
My brother in law, who works in codes for the city of KC, told my husband about Price Chopper.  Walgreens I heard about from a lady who lives near there.
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

True on both, plus the Liberty Hy Vee is crossing 152 to build a larger store in the Lib Triangle.  CVS and Taco Bueno will replace the front portion of the former Claycrest Tennis/Swim club.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
4everNorthlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

MMMMMMMM Taco Bueno. Can hardly wait!
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

How good is Taco Bueno? We have one opening up a block south of 21st and Gage here in T Town.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

anniewarbucks wrote: How good is Taco Bueno? We have one opening up a block south of 21st and Gage here in T Town.
Maybe you can get a 2nd job there.
8)
kigmee
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kigmee »

Slappy the Wang wrote: CVS and Taco Bueno will replace the front portion of the former Clayview Tennis/Swim club.
Any idea how old the oak trees were that they cut down at the old Claycrest country club?  I was really sad to see them go.
Last edited by kigmee on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
4everNorthlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

I don't know.  :( But a lady at CVS told me that the country club wasn't too happy about them being cut. Well, if you sell the property, the new owners can do what they want.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

It still seems odd that they would want to build another price chopper and walgreens within 2 minutes or roughly 2.5 miles at most, of existing locations...

sprawl  :?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
Jeff
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Jeff »

im2kull wrote: It still seems odd that they would want to build another price chopper and walgreens within 2 minutes or roughly 2.5 miles at most, of existing locations...

sprawl  :?
because in less than five years (or maybe two) there will be more people living along M291 than there will be in all of Liberty

Jeff
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Jeff wrote: because in less than five years (or maybe two) there will be more people living along M291 than there will be in all of Liberty

Jeff

With this housing market?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
Jeff
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Jeff »

Certainly not right now but this isn't going to last five years (or even two)
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Jeff wrote: Certainly not right now but this isn't going to last five years (or even two)

Has it even started...or are we just pawns in a game of cat and mouse?
THINK (ONE) KC.
kigmee
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kigmee »

4everNorthlander wrote: I don't know.  :( But a lady at CVS told me that the country club wasn't too happy about them being cut. Well, if you sell the property, the new owners can do what they want.
Well, it's a good thing they got rid of those old trees, even if they did nothing else, which they haven't.  No longer will we have to tolerate the festering blight of summer greenery, or fall russet, and their gnarled black skeletons will no longer haunt us in winter.  The graded lot looks fabulous.

Seriously, have things fallen through here?
KC_Hams

Post by KC_Hams »

It looks like the Price Choppers walls are finally going up. The last time I was by the Walgreens development, they had made some very good progress...but I don't remember the finer details.

Update: Went by the future Walgreens after lunch and saw that three of the walls are almost finished. Progress is progressing.
Last edited by KC_Hams on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4everNorthlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

kigmee wrote: Well, it's a good thing they got rid of those old trees, even if they did nothing else, which they haven't.  No longer will we have to tolerate the festering blight of summer greenery, or fall russet, and their gnarled black skeletons will no longer haunt us in winter.  The graded lot looks fabulous.

Seriously, have things fallen through here?

I was just wondering that the other day about this site.  Wish they would do something with it.

I can't figure out for sure which way the Price Chopper is going to face.  I've heard from the neighbors near there that the store itself is in KCMO limits and the parking lot is in Liberty city limits. 
kigmee
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kigmee »

4everNorthlander wrote: I've heard from the neighbors near there that the store itself is in KCMO limits and the parking lot is in Liberty city limits. 
Ouch.  Is the store deliberately trying to avoid Liberty sales taxes?
4everNorthlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

kigmee wrote: Ouch.  Is the store deliberately trying to avoid Liberty sales taxes?
Doubt it. Just probably worked out that way.  Wonder which has the higher sales tax.