Barry Road Wideing Stalled

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Bad news for I-29 and Barry Road... The contractor widening the road west of I-29 has gone tits up. The city is looking for a replacement ASAP, but it will be difficult to get a new contractor in place and finish the work before winter arrives. The construction has made a terrribly designed intersection even worse, and it could be a nightmare if it isn't finished before Zona Rosa opens in the spring.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 822440.htm
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

well that's just GGRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAT!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'd heard that rumor around all the eateries at lunch....but they were all saying the city ran out of cash for the project.....great. Keeps me away from Barry Rd. even longer
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

I recently heard the road project is no LESS than 6 years behind schedule. NICE JOB KCMO Public Works!

Nothing like putting off til tomorrow what could have been done 6 years ago!

Let's vote these hero's a raise! How about a few more vacation days?
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Good2Great wrote:I recently heard the road project is no LESS than 6 years behind schedule. NICE JOB KCMO Public Works!

Nothing like putting off til tomorrow what could have been done 6 years ago!

Let's vote these hero's a raise! How about a few more vacation days?
Good2Great, this was a private contractor, not a the city's Public Works department. Public Works mostly does repairs, maintenance, etc. Private contractors are used for the big projects like this.

The delay in getting started was mostly likely funding. Last year Platte County passed a tax increase for roads, which is paying for part of the Barry Road widening.
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

Banderas Construction, based in Kansas City, Kan., stopped work on the project Aug. 29 after it failed to make payroll, according to Kansas City records.
Maybe the City should have picked a company not located in Kansas. Especially KCK of all places.
Calling a spade a spade.