Armour Theater

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Armour Theater

Post by alpha_glamourina »

derekhinton2003 wrote: Great News Folks!!! Mention that you are a member of the kc rag forum and get discounted rate of 6 dollars for all showings. Simply mention that your a member when purchasing tickets from the window and leave your screen name to recieve the discount. Hope to see you all soon! Tropic Thunder is pretty funny!
This is good news!  Armour Theatre is the best place- as far as my husband and I are concerned- to see a movie, or heck, even just have a cocktail.  It's just as easy for us to drive into central downtown as it is to skip over the river from Pendleton Heights.  Sometimes, it almost seems easier, actually.  We alerted my brother and his daughter to this theatre (we all saw Dark Knight last weekend), and now it's their favorite place too.  With them living in Lee's Summit and being willing to drive all the way to north town just to see a film they could easily see in their own city, well, I think that's saying a lot.  The staff was so great too- Erika entertained us with good convo and even engaged my 11 year old neice in a fun, respectful, non-patronizing way.  Impressive!  Armour Theatre really is an experience. 

Lastly: Hey, Stretch, I didn't know you did the sculpture/guy-with-cogs til reading this thread today.  What a great idea that was!  It makes the theatre even more special.  My neice was enchanted by it, so hopefully sometime when we're all out for pizza sometime we might run into you at Grinder's so she can meet the artist.  I know she'd get a real charge out of that.  :D
KCSchoey
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KCSchoey »

I drive by this place almost everyday on my way to work...definatley, going to have to check it out.
derekhinton2003
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by derekhinton2003 »

Yes at this time the discount applies for only members of the KCRAG forum, as I mentioned you need to leave your screen name as well, don't worry we don't sell or share information  :lol:. Can't wait to see everyone at the theater Food and Drink specials daily as well as specialty drinks to go along with every movie. We have Napalm Nachos going right now for Tropic Thunder and they are SPICY! I'm Derek the assistant manager once again stop by and say hello when you come out!
derekhinton2003
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Just wanted to let everyone know we are having a one week special showing of Wanted and Desired, a documentary about Roman Polanski. We will open with it September 5th and run it through the 12th. Followed by the Coen Brothers Burn After Reading. Don't forget to mention your a KC Rag forum member and provide your screen name for 6 dollar tickets for all showings.
Last edited by derekhinton2003 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rwiggum
Surface Lot

Post by rwiggum »

These days if I go to the movies, it's going to be at Armour. Barry Road is too far to drive, and I just feel better giving my dollar to Screenland. So far I think I've seen more movies at Screenland this summer than I saw in theaters all last year. The sound is spectacular, and the intimate atmosphere is great. Plus, it's so great to finally get some more niche films than we would get when it was just Barry Road. I wanted to go see the Roman Polanski doc, but I couldn't find the time. I at least hope it did decent numbers so that they'll keep bringing that kind of stuff.
derekhinton2003
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Can't believe we still haven't had anyone come in to use the KC RAG Forum discount yet. We are showing the new Coen Brothers Flick "Burn After Reading" now it's a funny funny movie folks come check it out! Don't forget to ask for one of our new punch cards, buy 5 tickets get a free small popcorn, with 10 punches recieve a free ticket. This week only come in any day but wed with a group of 4 or more and ask for Derek and i'll set you up in the vip section at no additional charge 9-15, 9-16, 9-18, or 9-19. First come first serve valid only if vip sections are not rented already. That should get at least a couple of you guys out here those leather couches are super comfy. See you soon, don't forget to ask for Derek and say hello!
elextendo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by elextendo »

How much is the VIP area anyone know?
P&L Free since 2008
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

elextendo wrote: How much is the VIP area anyone know?
$150 and all of your tix, drinx, and snax come out of that total.
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

derekhinton2003 wrote: Can't believe we still haven't had anyone come in to use the KC RAG Forum discount yet. We are showing the new Coen Brothers Flick "Burn After Reading" now it's a funny funny movie folks come check it out! Don't forget to ask for one of our new punch cards, buy 5 tickets get a free small popcorn, with 10 punches recieve a free ticket. This week only come in any day but wed with a group of 4 or more and ask for Derek and i'll set you up in the vip section at no additional charge 9-15, 9-16, 9-18, or 9-19. First come first serve valid only if vip sections are not rented already. That should get at least a couple of you guys out here those leather couches are super comfy. See you soon, don't forget to ask for Derek and say hello!
Yesterday I mentioned to my husband that Burn After Reading was going to be playing at the Armour, so we were planning on coming anyhow.  We love those red leather recliners of yours, oh, yesindeedy we do! 

So, what night works for anyone else interested in going?  Friday night is always good for us, but if that won't work for others, we can be flexible. 
WyCo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by WyCo »

DaveKCMO wrote: $150 and all of your tix, drinx, and snax come out of that total.
Per person, per table?
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

derekhinton2003 wrote: Can't believe we still haven't had anyone come in to use the KC RAG Forum discount yet. We are showing the new Coen Brothers Flick "Burn After Reading" now it's a funny funny movie folks come check it out!
Since I want to see that movie, I'll be putting that discount to use next weekend.  :)
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

There are 6 people who're definitely doing Burn After Reading Friday night, providing the VIP seating that derekhinton offered isn't taken by non-forum people.  If you want to join in, please speak up soon because...that would be the polite thing to do.  :P 
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Well while I'm going this weekend, Friday night doesn't work for me.  I'll probably be seeing the flick Saturday afternoon.
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Aw, sorry Friday doesn't work for you because it would have been nice to meet you.  Oh, well.  Next time, right?   :)

Edited to add: we're back to 4 people. 
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Sorry.  :-(
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

alpha_, I tried to PM you back - it's not showing up in my outbox, though.  Did you receive?
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Hi, Jess, yes I did, and I just replied.   :D

I also just left a message for derekhinton on the voice mail in the main office, and hopefully he'll get it.  Or just read about it here.  And i'm going to pm him w/ all this info too.   :P

There are 6 of us who are definitely going now, and plan to see the 9:15 show: Bahua, chrizow, jess, username, roilnoise & I

This is going to be a lot of fun!
Last edited by alpha_glamourina on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
derekhinton2003
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Sorry i didn't see this until the day of the show but i did get your email to my gmail account and got it all set up for you. Your watching the movie now. Hope u enjoyed those leather couches as much as I do during employee screenings! And yes for the VIP you purchase a gift card with 150 on it then use it to purchase tickets, booze, food, candy, popcorn, etc.... so no charge for the actual VIP section just 150 has to be spent during that show, seating for up to 8 people. If anyone needs to get ahold of me in the future my gmail is the best way derekhinton2003@gmail.com sorry once again i didn't confirm with you but i did get it all ready to go THANKS FOR COMING OUT!! :D
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

Thanks!  It was a really nice evening! 
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Yes, thanks so much- we had a great time and look forward to doing this again!  Armour Screenland and their staff is the best!  =D>