Crescent Creek in Raytown

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Crescent Creek in Raytown

Post by chrizow »

wow...yeah...what's been going on?  i never go up to that area.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

chrizow wrote: wow...yeah...what's been going on?  i never go up to that area.
Wow as in you think it's slow going too or wow it going good?  I don't remember the time frame on the project, it might be just fine.

Here is the pic again, since we went to page 2.

chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

for some reason i had the impression that it was farther along, but i have no idea what that was based on
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

definitely looks like a cool project.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

Looks not too bad. These TND things are really starting to take off in the Metro.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Pricing is to high for that area of Raytown, slow sales.

New Longview is moving at about the same pace. Pricing is WAY to high out their.

Doesn't bode well for "New Urbanism."
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

My wife and I were there yesterday.  Toured a few of the models.  Not impressed.  Wasted floor and wall space.  And the rooms had a boxey feel to them. 
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

shinatoo wrote: Pricing is to high for that area of Raytown, slow sales.

New Longview is moving at about the same pace. Pricing is WAY to high out their.

Doesn't bode well for "New Urbanism."
again, i don't know this is true new urbanism...rather tnd influenced design. i don't see any mixed use elements.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

yeah this appears to be cheap new housing with quasi-retro shells.  i think they have more curb appeal that other such developments (i.e. horrible beige splitlevels in cass or clay counties) but that's about it.  basically, the only reason why i am in favor of this development is because the developer is taking a chance on a sleepy and outdated area.  sadly, it sounds like the development isn't working out very well in terms of sales.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I wouldn't call 235k for a 3 bedroom in Rattown
'cheep".
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

shinatoo wrote: I wouldn't call 235k for a 3 bedroom in Rattown
'cheep".
well, i mean cheaply-constructed. 
lwsmedlock
Surface Lot

Post by lwsmedlock »

I checked out several of the models at Crescent Creek during the Spring Homes Tour last Saturday (May 13), and I was pretty impressed with the project. They have just recently completed some different models with varied floor plans. The single family plans range from about $150k to $240k. There is now a nice variety of floor plans and square footages available.

I have to disagree with the "cheaply-built" characterization of the houses expressed previously on this thread. I have no idea how these houses will hold up compared to houses that were built a few generations ago, but I think they stack up pretty well against other new-construction housing in this price range. Much of the material (like siding, flooring, roofing, and floor joists) is a notch or two above the standard stuff. Also, the interior trim is quite a bit nicer than I was expecting. A lot of nice touches, like having spindles and rails instead of sheetrock half-walls next to stairs.

There are definitely some areas where you can see some cost-cutting (the biggest one being the bare concrete between the porches and the ground on the cheaper models), but nothing out of line for sub-$200k houses.

I am glad to see a project like this being done in one of the inner-ring suburbs, and it looks like Raytown is making a pretty concerted effort to add some amenities and address some of its planning challenges.

I hope projects like Crescent Creek will succeed in getting people to consider living closer to Kansas City's core than the further-out places like Lees Summit, Blue Springs, and Raymore.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

lwsmedlock wrote:
lwsmedlock?  Wasn't that Burt Reynolds character in Deliverance? 
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

AlbertHammond
New York Life
New York Life

Post by AlbertHammond »

I was digging around and stumbled onto this thread and this development. It looks like it stalled out around 2005 and never restarted.
https://goo.gl/maps/rbNWoBFzCHD2
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

There's actually a sign promoting the development along Raytown Road for the first time in ages. Looking at county photos, there was no change in 2010 vs 2014 photos, but the 2016 aerials show a couple new ones. The original developer got tied up in some bad lending in Lee's Summit. Talks about losing those properties in this article: http://www.reactioncommittee.com/develo ... summit-mo/ ... since it's a LS paper, they probably didn't care about some moribund Raytown development, but wouldn't be surprised if those people also took this over and just let it sit like they let the property in Lee's Summit.

Also re: the shotty building claims in this thread, the condos developed in downtown LS by the same developer had a parking garage that was structurally unsound less than 10 years later. Can't dig up the article now, but I think it might have been that part of it was never usable.

These appear to be the new owners of the Raytown development: https://ithinkbigger.com/affinity-enter ... velopment/
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Those condos in Lee's Summit are shit. Really unfortunate, great location.