Former KC Chiefs about to open Restaurant.

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
KCONTHEGO
Surface Lot

Post by KCONTHEGO »

Posted on Tue, Feb. 11, 2003

CITYSCAPE: Firehouse Restaurant to offer healthier food
By JOYCE SMITH
Columnist

The Firehouse Restaurant, a new eatery in Independence, plans to offer a menu for a healthier you.

The menu will cater to those who suffer from diabetes, need the protein of a bodybuilder or just want to stay in shape.

Partners Mike Patton, owner of Mike's Main Event personal training center, Michelle Baker, manager of the center, former Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Otis Taylor and his wife, Regina Taylor, and former Chiefs defensive back Deron Cherry hope to open the restaurant in April.

"We'll have everything you see on a regular menu but it will taste as good or better, and be healthier," Patton said. "It will aid and help those geared toward a healthier lifestyle, from the obese to runners."

Items include burritos, fajitas, pasta, chicken, halibut, turkey, fish and chips and pizza.

The partners are patterning the new operation after the famous Firehouse Restaurant in Venice, Calif. It was built in 1902 and used as a firehouse until the early 1950s. It became a restaurant in late 1986 and athletes such as basketball star Kobe Bryant are attracted to its "Body Builder Breakfasts" and other healthy menu items.

Patton, who has been a personal trainer for 20 years, has taken his clients to Venice for a fitness retreat and often has eaten at the Firehouse.

The Independence restaurant will have a fireman's theme with photos of Kansas City firefighters and firefighters working at the World Trade Center. The partners wanted to honor the firefighters who lost their lives and those still working on a daily basis.

Firehouse will be in the Hartman Heritage Center at U.S. 40 and Missouri 291.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

I'll have the #58 burger with illegitimate fries. Please hold the will.

Whatever happened to Bobby Bell BBQ?
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

What out, I don't take kindly to DT smack....
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc