OFFICIAL: Summit Fair (LS shopping center)

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: OFFICIAL: Summit Fair (LS shopping center)

Post by mgsports »

Macy's,JCPENNY'S,Red Robin and so on are going in this project.
Also a new Supercenter Wal-mart and Lowe's Project's by 291 and 150 Highway and that intersection is in Greenwood,MO I think.
The Walgreens on 150 Highway in Lees Summit hasen't started building yet.
Raymore is getting a Supercenter.
These are just the ones in Overland Park
Theirs no Wal-mart at 85th and Metcalf Avenue. Theirs a Neighborhood Market just after 95th street where the only TJMAXX is in the area at the moment meaning next one will probley be a TJMAXX and More. Neighborhood Market at 103rd Street. Wal-mart 87th Street and Frontage Road. Wal-mart but will be a Supercenter in the future 119th Street and Metcalf and 151th Street and Metcalf Avenue in Stanley that people think it's Overland Park a Supercenter.
Another Red Robin location is scheduled to open in fall 2009 in Lee’s Summit, at the Summit Fair shopping center.
Last edited by mgsports on Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Wal-Mart and Loews, really? Even though there is a Loews on chiman and a Wal-Mart on 291 already?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

PumpkinStalker wrote: Wal-Mart and Loews, really? Even though there is a Loews on chiman and a Wal-Mart on 291 already?
291 and 150, not 50, that plenty far from Summit woods and is building up superfast.  I was down there last weekend and didn't recognize the area, Raymore and Lee's Summit are growing together out there.

Blue Springs is building two Lowes, one at Colbern and one at Adams's Dairy.

So, they are not going to close the Independence Center Macy's are they???  Not that I shop there, I just don't want to see that mall go downhill.  Although, I think they would put something else in there if Macy's did leave, the mall is just too strong right now.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

PumpkinStalker wrote: Wal-Mart and Loews, really? Even though there is a Loews on chiman and a Wal-Mart on 291 already?
Yeah, that will put them 6 miles apart. While the density is not the same, its the equivalent distance as having stores at 135th and Metcalf and 85th and Metcalf.

I think it is way to early for a Walmart and Lowes out here (I live pretty close to there). People really have a mental block to this, but Downtown Raymore is the same distance and easer to get to. It also has a Lowes and Walmart.

Yes, my walk score is -7.  :(
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Thanks Grid.  I missed the 150 part and was thinking 50. 
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Flew over this the other day...

mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

theirs a new Bridge that got bulit by Lowe's will it have on and off Ramps and going right by the Bridge because I can see in it the Picture Land being cleared and also on the other side by 435 by another new Bridge?
Last edited by mgsports on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

50 is running right down the MIDDLE OF THE PICTURE.
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

shinatoo wrote: 50 is running right down the MIDDLE OF THE PICTURE.
:shock:

Also, where is 7 hwy(KS and MO?) or 210 or 635 or 152 or 92 or ?

News:  435 and 70 apparently are not anywhere near LS
KCBoom
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCBoom »

For those who have zero sense of direction or even a basic understanding of area landmarks . . .the picture is generally looking south/southeast with 50 Hwy fading away from the viewer in the distance.

The clover-leaf interchange is where 350/50 Hwy intersects I-470.

The new bridge across I-470 on the right side of the photo (to the west) is Pryor Road which will be extended north to Colbern Road.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

What is that building to the East of the construction spot? Technological School or something? Didn't realize there was that much space between that building and 50. Duhhhh...that's where the shopping center is.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Pendergast wrote: :shock:

Also, where is 7 hwy(KS and MO?) or 210 or 635 or 152 or 92 or ?

News:   435 and 70 apparently are not anywhere near LS
I don't get your point.
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

Sorry forgot to mark as sarcasm, was poking fun at mgsports
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

I would say next to Target would be some more Outparcels in Lees Summit Crossings.
On the other side of Chipman Road I would say maybe more Car Dealerships or so on.
Lees Summit needs more exits and Commercial that's not in Lees Summit that's coming to the KC area or just has one Location their.
Last edited by mgsports on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

mgsports wrote: I would say next to Target would be some more Outparcels in Lees Summit Crossings.
On the other side of Chipman Road I would say maybe more Car Dealerships or so on.
Lees Sumit needs more exits and Commercial.
I would speculate it needs more commercial OFFICE etc, but not retail. Not sure where more exits would be built, but Pryor was a good 1st step.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Don't think this got mentioned here, but LS is going to duplicate A LOT of the Indy Center area tenants and add a couple that aren't out there (yet).
Coldwater Creek, DSW, Ulta, Jos A. Bank, American Eagle and Victoria's Secret will join Macy's and J.C. Penney at the Summit Fair
Hopefully, the money being spent here leaks more from South OP/Leawood shopping than the already overbuilt 291/70 area. I would think the western stretches of LS probably shop frequently on the KS side. Maybe we'll see some KS plates here as Summit Fair will be a little different mix than anything currently in the southern part of the county. It doesn't have the hoity toity factor like projects along 119 + 135th, but it's more of a mix like Oak Park or Zona Rosa. 

Seems like traffic here is going to be complete mess on weekends.
knucklehead
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by knucklehead »

They are currently building two new very long bridges that are going to overpass 50 on both sides of 470.

The new overpasses connect pryor road to blue parkway. You can see where the new roads will intersect Pryor road on Grid's photo. This will basically put a long rectangular  box of roads around the 50 / 470 clover leaf.

I haven't figured out what the exit and entrance ramp configuration is going to be.

The walls are up on at least a couple very large buildings at the new shopping center. One looks like it is about Wal-mart size.
Last edited by knucklehead on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

knucklehead wrote: They are currently building two new very long bridges that are going to overpass 50 on both sides of 470.

The new overpasses connect pryor road to blue parkway. You can see where the new roads will intersect Pryor road on Grid's photo. This will basically put a long rectangular  box of roads around the 50 / 470 clover leaf.

I haven't figured out what the exit and entrance ramp configuration is going to be.

The walls are up on at least a couple very large buildings at the new shopping center. One looks like it is about Wal-mart size.
http://www.modot.org/kansascity/470-50I ... esgign.pdf
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

trailerkid wrote: Don't think this got mentioned here, but LS is going to duplicate A LOT of the Indy Center area tenants and add a couple that aren't out there (yet).
I have mentioned it dozens of times.  Between this and Adams Dairy, Indep Center is in for some serious competition that I’m not sure it will be able to overcome.

Funny thing is, the area around Indep Center is still a freaking construction zone with the arena, retail and hotels going up everywhere.

Once the Little Blue Parkway and Jackson Parkway open north of 39th, maybe that area will seriosly take off.  Western Blue Springs is still growing as is northern LS and SE Indep as far as housing.  So who knows.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote: I have mentioned it dozens of times.  Between this and Adams Dairy, Indep Center is in for some serious competition that I’m not sure it will be able to overcome.

Funny thing is, the area around Indep Center is still a freaking construction zone with the arena, retail and hotels going up everywhere.

Once the Little Blue Parkway and Jackson Parkway open north of 39th, maybe that area will seriosly take off.  Western Blue Springs is still growing as is northern LS and SE Indep as far as housing.  So who knows.
What tenants are going to Adams Dairy Pkwy? I'm guessing big box stuff. The difference I see is that now Lee's Summit will have many big boxes and many speciality stores acting as more of a regional draw.

Indy Center is still doing quite well and improving its tenant mix, but the big box areas around it will need to step their game up. East Jack/Lee's Summit was considerably underserved in retail and they're just starting to catch up in Blue Springs and Lee's Summit. They seriously should look at IKEA somewhere along 70 near Indy Center to help with the retail/restaurant vacancies.