OFFICIAL: Summit Fair (LS shopping center)

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: OFFICIAL: Summit Fair (LS shopping center)

Post by GRID »

trailerkid wrote: What tenants are going to Adams Dairy Pkwy? I'm guessing big box stuff. The difference I see is that now Lee's Summit will have many big boxes and many speciality stores acting as more of a regional draw.

Indy Center is still doing quite well and improving its tenant mix, but the big box areas around it will need to step their game up. East Jack/Lee's Summit was considerably underserved in retail and they're just starting to catch up in Blue Springs and Lee's Summit. They seriously should look at IKEA somewhere along 70 near Indy Center to help with the retail/restaurant vacancies.
yea, the mall is doing great and really so is most of the stuff along 39th.  The only vacancy is the Circuit City.  It's just that Hartman Heritage place that has really taken a hit.

The Blue Springs deal is mostly big box stuff and like Lowes and Target and it's 8 miles away.  The Indy JC Penny’s is always absolutely packed so I'm sure the LS store will not hurt it and from everything I can tell, Macy's is keeping the Center store open and the new LS store will be some sort of new "lifestyle" place.

I think I may have overreacted a bit in some of the other threads about the area around the mall.  It will go through some vacancy problems, but with all the hotels and the arena, plus all the new roads etc, I'm sure it will be fine in the long run.  I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of the tenants move from the full strip malls along 39th to the more visible vacant locations along I-70.  Barnes and Noble for example could get away from the AMC 20 which constantly overtakes their parking lot.  The Mall, Bolger Square, the Crossing and the Commons are all full.

I also look for more retailers to move to the area from Noland Road like Toys R Us, Gordmans etc.  Not not really a good thing, but 40 and Noland is toast I think.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote: The Blue Springs deal is mostly big box stuff and like Lowes and Target and it's 8 miles away.  The Indy JC Penny’s is always absolutely packed so I'm sure the LS store will not hurt it and from everything I can tell, Macy's is keeping the Center store open and the new LS store will be some sort of new "lifestyle" place.
The Macy's in LS will be a smaller, one-level (I think) store. Just the fact that LS will have the newest version of every store for a couple years will draw some money away from Indy Center. I'm sure more projects around Summit Fair will probably come after it opens. 

With the rumor that Macy's will move/leave Indy Center-- you've gotta think both Macy's and Dillard's could probably have A-level stores out there if they wanted. Seems like they're missing a lot sales by operating in what have to be dated properties in an otherwise strong mall.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Probley what's not already in those ciities,
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

Macys and JcPennys to open soon.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

i have to disagree with Grid on this entire issue. Lee's Summit west and Eastern Independence/Lee's Summit north will separate as two distinct, regional zones much like liberty and platte county have. Although sprawl is bad, summit fair will further increase the viability of the 350 corridor from Raytown/KCMO into Lee's Summit-- I'm not sure what's planned, but overall it's quite an excellent location. Hopefully this corridor will materialize as an economic engine for the county.

The real threat for the 291/70 super regional retail/entertainment zone in the next 10-15 years won't be Lee's Summit, but will probably be Blue Springs. I would guess A LOT of LS West money flows into 135th + 119th and Summit Fair will recapture a portion of those dollars.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

NorthlandGuy wrote: Macys and JcPennys to open soon.
Penny's actually opened on Saturday.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Mark Clegg of KSHB did story on it at the 10pm Newscast on Friday and said they will annouce another Teneat this week.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

New Lee's Summit shopping center plans more tenants

Two more tenants have been named for Lee's Summit's new open-air Summit Fair center.

I.O. Metro, eclectic imported furniture and accessories, is set to open this fall. Based in Bentonville, Ark., I.O. Metro has 14 locations across the Midwest.

Gennaio Boutique, a locally owned store specializing in contemporary fashions for women, is scheduled to open Labor Day weekend. It also has a location in Raymore.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

So no Urban Outfitters or Victoria's Secret now I guess?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Pendergast wrote: So no Urban Outfitters or Victoria's Secret now I guess?
urban outfitters wasn't going in there. i haven't heard any of the originally announced tenants are leaving. it is strange joyce smith didn't make any mention of them.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://cityofls.net/LinkClick.aspx?file ... &tabid=844 To conclude, a large number of national restaurant chains, clothing and accessories stores, and
specialty retailers are candidates for the lifestyle center planned within the Lee?s Summit East
Redevelopment Project Area. Potential retailers include Aeropostale, Abercrombie & Fitch,
American Eagle Outfitters, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Cache, Chico?s, Coldwater Creek,
Gap, Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Colstone Creamry, Children?s Place and AMC Theaters.
Prospective restaurant chains include Bo Ling?s Chinese Restaurant, Bravo Italiana and Granite
City.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

sounds more like Leawood Town Center than anything..
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

AMC theaters would be great. Dickinson Eastglen has got to be the DAMDEST MOTHERFUCKING ASS FACED COCKSUCKING STEAMING TURD PILE ever.

I have had many unpleasant movie going experiences there.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

NDTeve wrote: sounds more like Leawood Town Center than anything..
that study lists town center plaza as the primary competition for summit fair.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

They will be annoucing new Places in the future.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

shinatoo wrote: AMC theaters would be great. Dickinson Eastglen has got to be the DAMDEST MOTHERFUCKING ASS FACED COCKSUCKING STEAMING TURD PILE ever.

I have had many unpleasant movie going experiences there.

It's great to see someone really get in touch with their deeper feelings.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Pendergast wrote: So no Urban Outfitters or Victoria's Secret now I guess?
According to the Summit Fair web site, the previously announced tenants are gone. Now it's just 3-4 local shops. I hope this doesn't turn into Merriam Village part II.

BTW, here is the logo...in all its 1991, momtastic glory.

longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

This is new:
Beauty Brands Beauty Brands Salon-Spa-Superstore will open its second Lee's Summit location in March 2010. The new Lee's Summit location is unique because it marks the unveiling of Beauty Brands' next generation in store design and retail concept. Like all Beauty Brands locations, it will provide one-stop convenience for customers by including the company's hallmark retail offering of 10,000 salon-quality hair, skin and nail products paired with a full-service salon and spa. But the location also will introduce a new store layout and design, including a dynamic retail product offering of prestige color and skincare brands collected in a unique retail environment called "The Studio." Here customers will find 15 prestige brands including Smashbox, Philosophy, Tarte, Glo Minerals, Murad, Dermalogica and other product lines usually found in department stores. Opening March 2010.
From Block & Co. Site:

http://www.blockandco.com/b/a/70/89/Sum ... r%20SC.pdf

noodles & co will be there, as well as America's Best Eyeglasses. That building has a shell up at least. I didn't know there was going to be a a second phase to it - it's sure not going to be up Fall 2009 as it says!
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Also Yankee Candle,Finish Line and a Healthy Food store opening their to.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

http://www.kansascity.com/199/story/1677870.html
?McAlister?s Deli ? known for more than 100 menu items, including sandwiches, comfort food entrees and sweet iced tea ? plans to open in Summit Fair Shopping Center in Lee?s Summit in March.

McAlister?s previously had a location in Ward Parkway Center but closed there in October, citing slow sales.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag