Lions Choice

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Lions Choice

Post by Sani »

Link doesn't work, sorry. I tried looking on the OP website to see if I could find what you were trying to link to, but no luck.
Developersanonymous
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Developersanonymous »

that link didn't work for me either, but i hear they will open one at 103rd and Metcalf.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Where did you hear?
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

Developersanonymous wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:50 am that link didn't work for me either, but i hear they will open one at 103rd and Metcalf.
That would probably mean tearing down the old Winstead's, eh? I would have thought they could also go next to the new Lowe's up the street.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

A friend with a spouse who works for the company confirmed Menards is going ahead on a new KCK location at 98th and State, just east of Legends. It's set to open early next year. I mention it in this thread only because the two Lion's Choice locations in Olathe and Blue Springs are in Menards outlots, so maybe there will be one there too..?
Developersanonymous
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Developersanonymous »

mgsports wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:48 pm Where did you hear?
cant say where i heard that... but i know it to be true.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

No Menards in Blue Springs yet but Independence. The Belton one no Lions Choice same with North KC one. Just that OP Planning Commission is approving it next month. KCK Pad Sites the 2 are big ones.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

Whoops, Independence is the one I was referring to. Off of Little Blue Parkway.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

Saltgrass Steakhouses are pretty good IMO.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Hopefully opens other KC area locations.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I honestly don't see Lion's Choice surviving in KC in the next 5 years and it failing like Freebirds (Hopefully these Lions Choice are Corporate Owned), . I couldn't believe how dead the one in Olathe was yesterday at Lunch time (when they would need to be the busiest) People don't seem to like how some of the meat comes red/pink (Maybe they are not accustomed to that from a fast food restaurant) they also think the portion sizes are small and prices are kind of expensive, i think thats a recipe for failure when it comes to the KC food scene. I honestly love the place and think the quality is amazing. Maybe people in KC don't care about Quality when it comes to Fast Food and only care about quantity.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Maybe the odd name? Who wants to eat a lion? Or eat what a lion chooses?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

earthling wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:36 am Maybe the odd name? Who wants to eat a lion? Or eat what a lion chooses?
Honestly the name is weird, it took me like 13 years of going to st louis and seeing it all over st louis, questioning what that place really was (I didn't even knew it was roast beef until 4 years ago)

I fell in love when i needed a quick bite on a sunday drive back to KC so i stopped at the LC on Chippewa. I thought it was the best roast beef I ever tasted that I ended up stopping at the Wentzville Lions Choice 40 minutes later
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

I grew up in STL and we never went to one. I still haven't been.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

I think it’s a great name. Makes perfect sense. Never gave two thoughts about when growing up in the Lou. Eating there was a treat. Amazing food. So glad they are in the KC metro now. Hope they survive, but agree, KC people have been dumbed down for years by the plasticy/rubbery Arby’s roast beef and those nasty curly fries. They don’t know what real protein looks or tastes like.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

I think they chose bad locations, but I also don't think roast beef sandwiches drive massive business. There are two Arby's close to where I am, but neither seems to be busy. Not sure how they stay in business either. I ate once at Lions Choice and it was okay, nothing special IMO. Doubt I am their target audience though, not sure who is.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

StL_Dan wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:38 am I think it’s a great name. Makes perfect sense. Never gave two thoughts about when growing up in the Lou. Eating there was a treat. Amazing food. So glad they are in the KC metro now. Hope they survive, but agree, KC people have been dumbed down for years by the plasticy/rubbery Arby’s roast beef and those nasty curly fries. They don’t know what real protein looks or tastes like.
Whaaa? KC has over 100 BBQ restaurants.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

The one in Olathe was packed for weeks when it first opened. The one on Metcalf? Not so much.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

It has good food. it has Italian Beef.