Three Trails Industrial Park

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
mailman641
Strip mall
Strip mall

Three Trails Industrial Park

Post by mailman641 »

Construction on The Three Trails Industrial Park just south of 87th St between US-71 and I-435 has been underway for several months now and building 1 already has two tenants: Commonwealth Inc, and Boulevard. Right now there are two buildings: 8700 Elmwood and 8750 Elmwood(which is just an empty shell at the moment).

NorthPoint Development has a web site with links to pdf brochures for buildings 1 and 2 which also show four more proposed buildings along 87th St
http://beyondthecontract.com/developmen ... rial-park/
AlbertHammond
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Three Trails Industrial Park

Post by AlbertHammond »

Yuck. What a thoughtless development. We keep building this stuff that is not worth caring about.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

No one wants to live in the area. It's near a quarry, next to a freeway. This is exactly where you build a business park.
AlbertHammond
New York Life
New York Life

Post by AlbertHammond »

flyingember wrote:No one wants to live in the area. It's near a quarry, next to a freeway. This is exactly where you build a business park.
RE: the 87th Street Bioscience Office Park thread.
mailman641
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by mailman641 »

Building 3 (8701 Elmwood) is going up now and will be close to 500k sq/ft. If you visit the link in my first post of this thread you can see how the plans have changed (thanks AlbertHammond for posting a screen grab of the original plans). The first two buildings are far enough away from the proposed Oxford On The Blue site that they wouldn't really be a problem. But building 3 is one big eyesore right next to 87th. Hopefully some trees will be planted along 87th st to at least partially block it from view.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe one of the tenants for building 3 is a business based in Grandview that makes rail road type equipment. Another rumor I've heard is that at some point Boulevard will be expanding and taking over all of building 1 and Commonwealth will be moving to buliding 3.

Buildings 1 and 2 each have about 80k sq/ft of vacant space.
AlbertHammond
New York Life
New York Life

Post by AlbertHammond »

For posterity...