Truman's Marketplace

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Truman's Marketplace

Post by mgsports »

http://redlegacy.com/wordpress/wp-conte ... .18.14.pdf among new coming to it Ross,Burlington Coat Factory,Shoe Carnival,Petco,Hancock Frabics,Price Chopper.
Stockton
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Truman's Marketplace

Post by Stockton »

I saw in the Star that Burlington was going there, but had no idea of all the others - that's awesome news!. There's been a lot of progress lately in terms of redevelopment in increasingly-decaying, older suburbs. This is a lot like the currently ongoing renovation of Wyandotte Plaza in KCK, although it was nowhere near as run-down and vacant. That said, Truman's Marketplace (Truman Corners) is going to come roaring back much harder than Wyandotte Plaza, apparently. These large shopping centers are sort of the "face" and center of these aging suburban areas, so it's truly great news that they are being extensively renovated and that the developer is able to return this caliber of retailers to these areas.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 46952.html TJMAXX hope TJMAXX and More and LC's new to it that haven't been reported.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

That seems crazy with a Walmart Super Center/Super Target just at 135th/State Line as well as a Walmart Super Center/SAMS/Target Greatland in Belton. How would another Walmart Super Center make sense as well as the fact that Price Chopper just renewed their lease for the shopping center which would put it in direct competition with the super center?
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

[quote=That seems crazy with a Walmart Super Center/Super Target just at 135th/State Line as well as a Walmart Super Center/SAMS/Target Greatland in Belton. How would another Walmart Super Center make sense as well as the fact that Price Chopper just renewed their lease for the shopping center which would put it in direct competition with the super center?[/quote]

Yeah, if I was Price Chopper I would be none too pleased to have a Walmart Super Center just next door.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

The Sams in Belton opened just last year to replace the one at Truman Corners.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

I was hopping it was Shopko or where TJMAXX is going on property so it could TJMAXX and More or Gander Mountain or so on.
kcexpress
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by kcexpress »

So what the hell is going on with Truman's Marketplace??? Still nothing going on.... This was supposed to be completed in 2015...Yet, what businesses are left are still open. Nothing has been started. Is this what I should come to expect with Grandview?