Falls at Crackernack Creek update

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
cpt4599
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: OFFICIAL: The Falls (Bass Pro development)

Post by cpt4599 »

GRID wrote: If this goes in, it would instantly become the most popular restaurant in metro kc.
Totally agree!  I once waited 3 hours for a table at the one near Branson.  That place is truely one of the best "down home cookin" restaurants I've ever been to.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

I agree...Lamberts Cafe is amazing.  Period.

Its got great food, an awesome catch, and is "fun"...without being "fake"

...Not to mention the food, its always top notch, given what you pay for.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Well, I don't get into Branson at all, but that place rocks.  It's pretty cool.  The only problem I see with a location in KC is that a very large chunk of the people that go to the Springfield store are from KC and StL.  But then again, it might give them a lot of exposure to people that didn't know about Lamerts.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Lambert's is amazing....another Missouri original (even though there is a location in the South - Alabama or Mississippi, I think)!

It's (it was) our annual meet up spot with friends each spring when driving down the NAIA DII hoop tournament at CofO.

How sweet would it be to make our new meet up spot at the Lambert's in KCMO?
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I've seen this place on TV. It was on Food Channel, and it was the #1 place to "stuff your face."
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

lambert's rules.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Gotta love putting butter and sorghum on those hot throwed rolls!
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

StL_Dan wrote: Lambert's is amazing....another Missouri original (even though there is a location in the South - Alabama or Mississippi, I think)!

It's (it was) our annual meet up spot with friends each spring when driving down the NAIA DII hoop tournament at CofO.

How sweet would it be to make our new meet up spot at the Lambert's in KCMO?
FOLEY ALABAMA...man, it's totally set up for Missouri vacationers. EVERYONE from StL vacations in GULF SHORES. I used to listen to cardinals games down there at night when KMOX still had its stainless steel transmitting balls.
jniehoff
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by jniehoff »

The Falls in Independence Lands Two Retailers

Attention hobbyists and consumers with a Christian bent, Bass Pro is getting some company near its new store in Independence.

Hobby Lobby and Mardel, a store that sells Christian-oriented products and books, plan to be the first new stores to come to The Falls at Independence development since Bass Pro opened there last February.

Construction is expected to begin this spring on a 55,000-square-foot Hobby Lobby and 25,000-square-foot Mardel store with a projected opening in October 2009.

The announcement is good news for Independence officials. The Falls development at Interstates 70 and 470 received $63.5 million in tax-increment financing assistance that is to be repaid by the sales taxes generated by Bass Pro and an anticipated 300,000-square-feet of additional retail.

It's not such good news for Kansas City, Mo. The Hobby Lobby opening in Independence will be replacing an existing store on Noland Road about two miles away, according to real estate brokers familiar with the plan.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Really?

I would consider both of those stores as class C or lower retailers.

This is what Indep paid 70 million for?  They didn't even get a hotel/conference center out of the deal.

Wow.  Fail.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Does anyone have updated leasing plans?

It looks like they're still doing 2 large big box areas with an outdoor mall type area in the center.

Hobby Lobby sucks, but there isn't anything else to put out there. The area around this is already saturated and they're probably just going to have to take tenants away from other places. Independence Center is only getting stronger so I doubt many tenants will jump ship although a freestanding Sears would probably make more sense next to Bass Pro than in the mall.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Like all major retail areas, that area has taken a beating with stores closing.

Circuit City, Linen and Things, Stein Mart, Comp USA etc and I'm sure more to come.

The mall is full for now.

I don't know.  Seems to me like most of the money that was supposed to go to building a hotel and other retail went to moving rock and changing the pad sites three times.

Somebody dropped the ball on this project.

The arena is coming out of the ground though.  It will be interesting to see what that does to the area.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

jniehoff wrote: It's not such good news for Kansas City, Mo. The Hobby Lobby opening in Independence will be replacing an existing store on Noland Road about two miles away, according to real estate brokers familiar with the plan.
It hurts Independence, too, as this is right on the Indy/KC border.  This undermines the efforts that the two cities have expended to revitalize the 40 Hwy corridor, including the tax breaks Independence used to subsidize the new Hy-Vee.

To me this just seems like desperation.  They need to fill that space so badly that they are willing to take a third tier store and cannibalize another part of their city in the process.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

How about Mega Marshalls,Menards,TJMAXX and More,Ross Dress for Less,Sports Authority,Staples,Gander Mountain,Albertsons or Schnucks,Books A Million and so on because there a new face out there to?

ESPN Zone,Famous Daves,Daves and Buster,What a Burger,In and Out Burger and so on would be good places to eat at if they come there.
Last edited by mgsports on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

Hobby and Menards going in is just a sign of the times really.  I guess theres solace in that something is being built, though to low fanfare.  Its still Independence, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. 
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Pendergast wrote: Hobby and Menards going in is just a sign of the times really.  I guess theres solace in that something is being built, though to low fanfare.  Its still Independence, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. 
Where was Menard's announced? IMO, Menards would be a step in the right direction as it is not cannibalizing an existing store by bringing a new retail face out there.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I think it was Mardel, actually a Hobby Lobby spin off.
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

trailerkid wrote: Where was Menard's announced? IMO, Menards would be a step in the right direction as it is not cannibalizing an existing store by bringing a new retail face out there.
Yes Mardel's bookstore sorry. 
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/617 Lowe's going to Blue Ridge Crossings yes that would make three in Independence to how many Home Depot here and cities like Overland Park don't have one yet.
Last edited by mgsports on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

mgsports wrote: http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/617 can elimate Lowe's from going to the Falls because it's going to Blue Ridge  Crossings.
and they already have a lowe's at the independence commons, dingbat.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D