Re: Bannister Mall/Cerner

Post by shinatoo »

Crane is up.

TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

JLowe2018 wrote:Not sure if I'm posting this image correctly, but for reference, buildings 3 and 4 are the two buildings to the right of the two recently constructed buildings in the middle of the campus.

Your pics aren't showing.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Phase 3&4 will be somewhat less highly designed than 1&2. Less "iconic," more high quality office space, think more like Continuous Campus.

Pics from inside the main building - Innovations 1024
https://www.gouldevans.com/portfolio/ce ... lding-1024

Continuous Pictures
https://www.archdaily.com/780442/cerner ... ould-evans
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The current buildings are not at all iconic, so sounds like they're going to build yet another office park
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

flyingember wrote:The current buildings are not at all iconic, so sounds like they're going to build yet another office park
I like the current new buildings. Take away the parking lots and they are pretty cool looking IMO. They would look great in an urban location near downtown, hospital hill etc.

I thought the next phase was going to be nearly a mirror image of the first two buildings.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

GRID wrote:
flyingember wrote:The current buildings are not at all iconic, so sounds like they're going to build yet another office park
I like the current new buildings. Take away the parking lots and they are pretty cool looking IMO. They would look great in an urban location near downtown, hospital hill etc.

I thought the next phase was going to be nearly a mirror image of the first two buildings.
I know. Not a fan of the surface parking lots either. Structured parking is expensive to build/maintain. There have been expenses with the garage at Riverport Campus and as a result Cerner leadership won't sign off on any structured parking.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Found these renderings. They are pretty spot on as far as what was built so far.

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

GRID wrote:Found these renderings. They are pretty spot on as far as what was built so far.

Looks to be a stereotypical suburban office park totaling about $70 Million in investment? Pretty stereotypical for cities without any real push for density. 4 low rise towers. Sea of parking. Am I close?
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Two constructions cranes are up south of the current building and looks like they are moving dirt at a few other locations.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Got a Hardee's,Big Mamma's and so,on new near by.
AlbertHammond
New York Life
New York Life

Post by AlbertHammond »

mgsports wrote:Got a Hardee's,Big Mamma's and so,on new near by.
...a universal measure of successful city building.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

I have not been yet, but I just had a recommendation from a guy of Filipino background for Manila Bay Ihaw Ihaw across from the Home Depot. I'm not big on buffets, but I don't think you have to get food from the buffet. It is the only Filipino restaurant I know of in the city. I may try to get takeout there sometime in the near future as it would be great to have this type of cuisine around.
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

They’re building and going vertical w/ that pavilion thing between the taller buildings. Been kind of cool to watch from my school the past few months.

Anyone read and can summarize where the new larger than life subdivision is being developed as per the article in KCBJ? I can’t imagine it’s in the Hickman School District.
nomadcowatbk
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by nomadcowatbk »

atticus23 wrote: Anyone read and can summarize where the new larger than life subdivision is being developed as per the article in KCBJ? I can’t imagine it’s in the Hickman School District.
I think it would be in the Raytown SD, a slightly higher performing district compared to Hickman Mills SD, no where near Blue Valley or Lees Summit SDs
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The article summary says
Forest Tyson Jr., owner of Kansas City construction firm Tycon Co. LLC, is seeking development plan approval for the 141-lot Tyson Summit single-family project northeast of 55th Street and I-435. Tyson's proposal for the 48-acre residential site also requires planning approval for the project and will be seeking a Chapter 353 property tax abatement to help "give people more house for the money."
The Parcel Viewer has a school district layer, makes it really easy to answer this kind of question. That's firmly in Raytown schools. The property abuts Eastwood Hills Elementary.

This development is closer to Independence, Center and KC schools in terms of travel distance than Hickman Mills.
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

Interesting and thanks for info guys!
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

One of the biggest office construction projects in the entire Midwest, if not the country and it gets pretty much zero attention here or anywhere else. That alone should say something about just how bad of a design this really is and how this walled off private single use office park will have almost no impact on South KC. If even half of this proposed campus were to go downtown, that would be like eight Strata towers.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

GRID wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:58 am One of the biggest office construction projects in the entire Midwest, if not the country and it gets pretty much zero attention here or anywhere else. That alone should say something about just how bad of a design this really is and how this walled off private single use office park will have almost no impact on South KC. If even half of this proposed campus were to go downtown, that would be like eight Strata towers.
Not to mention how bad this has screwed over the Hickman Mills SD. They are broke. Cerner pays next to nothing.