Brookside Price Chopper

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Brookside Price Chopper

Post by dangerboy »

That place seems to be going crazy. It's always busy, and tonight I waited in line for almost 15 minutes to check out, after barely finding a parking space. Seems as busy as Sunfresh in Wesport, at least relative to it's smaller size.

It's great to see another grocer doing well in the city. That store is pretty diverse, equal parts South Plaza and East Side. It's amazing how much pent up demand there is in the city for good supermarkets. Maybe this will help make the case for a Meiner's or a Hen House Downtown and a Hy-Vee on the East Side (for example).
carfreekc
New York Life
New York Life

Brookside Price Chopper

Post by carfreekc »

It's usually not quite as busy later in the evening. Busy was what Meiner's in Brookside was when the Milgram's was closed for renovation into the Price Chopper! It is a decent mix of people at that store. I wonder if the old guy who was sitting in the entrance of the Price Chopper several times with a sign about his lost hearing aid ever found it or got another hearing aid.

I wish people would focus more on the need for grocery stores on the east side. I would be hacked if I lived on the east side and heard people bitching about not having a grocery store downtown.