Pendleton Heights rocks!

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
phna
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Pendleton Heights rocks!

Post by phna »

Sportster wrote: Those pics are a cryin shame - that's what that is!

Sportster
...gimme my whippin post
Midtownkid wrote: Wow, from the outside that house lost everything charming about it.  :x
History tells no lies, at least photographically,  Im grateful it's standing (do I need mention recent events in Pendleton?) and has a potential new story line, the empty lot that comes with 423 Olive, here its' history (again 1940 photo archive):

Pendleton Heights still has much historical significance despite past and current losses. Can anyone corroborate (or refute) evidence which anecdotally suggests PH has the highest concentration of (surviving) Victorian  architecture in Kansas City?
Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

Jean Paul Sartre
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Brooklyn Avenue house in Pendleton Heights in foreclosure and is going cheap.

http://realestate.aol.com/ldp.jsp?pid=4 ... pe=srp&p=0
There is no fifth destination.
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Post by alpha_glamourina »

So sad, but boy, what a bargain!  I'm going to forward the link to a friend who's looking for something over this way.  Thanks for posting!
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Save the date

Saturday, September 5th @ The Brick

Bingo, Burgers & Beer

Burger basket specials and Boulevard Beer specials too! 

Bingo & prizes, raffles, and silent auction

Bands TBA

5pm- ?

This is a fundraiser for Pendleton Heights, and the proceeds will go towards the Holiday Homes Tour and neighborhood maintenance.  
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

MidWestSider wrote: a year later..  down to 79k

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/reb/1142295938.html
SOLD!  Finally!  I'm so stoked about the people who bought it too; another artist couple buys into Pendleton Heights and Olive Street.  Hurrah! 

Rumor has the stunning brick Victorian next door may be going on the market soon. 
Check it out here: http://kansasmermaid.blogspot.com/

phna
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by phna »

^^That's Good News. Here's more!

423 Olive has closed. The restoration work has already begun!

I can't wait to watch the transformation. This will be the 5th one in 4 years I will have the privilege of watching.
Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

Jean Paul Sartre
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

Someone told me once that there was a fire on the third floor of 423 Olive St which would make sense after looking at the pictures from the 40's.  There aren't many houses left to do on the 400-500 block of Olive.  On a sad note, I will be putting my house on the market within the next few weeks.  It is just me in the house and it is just too big for one person.  Unless my house on Elma sells first I will be moving there so I will still be in the neighborhood.  If you guys know anybody that would be interested please let me know.
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

:o  :(

I'm really glad to hear you'll be staying in the neighborhood but, gee- get a house mate before giving up that gem of yours- the view from the roof alone is priceless!  If you really are going to sell, what will be your asking price? 

Another one that just went on the market is at the corner of Lexington & Olive and is listed w/ Reece & Nichols (no pics yet). 
phna
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by phna »

Anyone know What is going on at these locations?:

1. Behind the 7 eleven and next to the Venus Body shop? All I can tell right now is that the land has been plotted and being excavated for something.

2. Why was the little building on independence and Olive on the south side of the street demolished? I think it housed a cell phone distributor previously.

Jean Paul Sartre
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

The poster is by Hector Casanova, and this image doesn't do it full justice.  What started as a flyer turned out to be so cool in hi res that we're doing a limited run of ten posters.  7 are already spoken for, but 3 of those will be up for auction the night of the event. 

To find out more about Hector: http://www.hectorcasanova.net/home.html
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

phna wrote: Anyone know What is going on at these locations?:

1. Behind the 7 eleven and next to the Venus Body shop? All I can tell right now is that the land has been plotted and being excavated for something.

2. Why was the little building on independence and Olive on the south side of the street demolished? I think it housed a cell phone distributor previously.
1. Warranty Deed from Independence Ave Development to KC University of Medicine and Biosciences filed on 08/05/09.  My guess would be a parking lot but that is just a guess.

2. 2325 Independence was on the dangerous buildings list.
phna
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by phna »

^^ Thanks for the info.  Don't know why UHS does not just covert the unused never used basketball courts adjacent to their current parking lot if they need more parking spaces?

Jean Paul Sartre
catfish1812
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by catfish1812 »

Over the past few weeks people have been using them quite a bit.  It's been strange.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Here's a great deal on a Pendleton Height's shirtwaist with views of downtown.

http://www.postlets.com/res/1984586
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I found this online article on the James W. Bryan house (aka Robert Beatty house) on Garfield.

http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/08/06/th ... nsas-city/
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

phna wrote: Anyone know What is going on at these locations?:

Kansas City University Medical School is putting in a landscaped park there. Here's the story:

http://northeastnews.net/kcumbnew.html

The university is also getting ready to construct two new buildings east of Paseo, and north of Independence Avenue--on the vacant land north of the new auditorium building on that corner.
phna
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by phna »

FangKC wrote: Kansas City University Medical School is putting in a landscaped park there. Here's the story:

http://northeastnews.net/kcumbnew.html

The university is also getting ready to construct two new buildings east of Paseo, and north of Independence Avenue--on the vacant land north of the new auditorium building on that corner.
Awesome!

Jean Paul Sartre
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Third Annual Holiday Homes Tour of Pendleton Heights

From 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. on November 28th (the Saturday after Thanksgiving), these feature homes will have their first floors open for the advance ticket price of $10 through November 15th; tickets bought or ordered after November 15th are $12 each.

The four homes selected to be in the 2009 tour, all built in the late 1880s, range in exterior design from Queen Anne to Shingle-Style, also featuring a style that is integral to our city?s architectural landscape: the ?Kansas City Colonnade?.  The interiors of these fine homes, all in various stages of rehabbing, present  us with differing points of view.  From darker, more authentic Victorian interiors complete with original fireplaces, doors and wood trim, to those that have been gutted and rebuilt from the inside out, wearing a decidedly more modern, yet no less charming face.

The advance ticket order form can be found online at http://www.pendletonheights.org/events/ ... homes-tour

Once it?s filled out, mail with a check or money order for the correct amount to:
Pendleton Heights Neighborhood Association/ PO Box 240196/ Kansas City, MO 64124

All homes are within just a few doors of each other. Parking and security are provided. 
For more information, visit www.pendletonheights.org, or e-mail phnakc@gmail.com with any questions.

Hope to see you there.  xo
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Just a reminder, the tour happens tomorrow.  :D
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »