Plaza Residential Development

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Plaza Residential Development

Post by moderne »

Most people that can afford a half million dollar home insist on at least 2 car garage. Indeed not having a 3 car garage is slumming it. All the new infill single family on Union Hill has 2 car garage. Maybe you are a hoarder but most people do not "just fill half their garage with junk anyway."
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Our home builder builds half million dollar homes. (ours isn't)

I think ours was the only two car garage they've built in years.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

alejandro46 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:05 pm Image

They are two car garages.

I am 100% for preservation, dont get me wrong. I love historic properties, character and quirks. However, the floorplans may be inefficient for the modern buyer, as well as inefficient to heat and to maintain. Global warming is a legitimate concern; accelerating all ground based transportation to sustainable energy. reducing sprawl (read: more miles driven to commute), increasing funding for public transit are much more feasible solutions than stopping teardowns and new development.
Tell me this is a joke?

Did a 5th grade art student crank that out?

And what's up with the two Porsche's??
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

A 911 for the summer and a Cayenne for the winter. Isn't that what most average families do? Now let's hear more of the gentrification "fantasies"?
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I thought it was a Volvo X90
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Clearly it's not thinking about families in the annoying GMC ad I kept seeing that want to park their brand new full sized pickup and SUV together
tower
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tower »

moderne wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:11 pm Most people that can afford a half million dollar home insist on at least 2 car garage. Indeed not having a 3 car garage is slumming it. All the new infill single family on Union Hill has 2 car garage. Maybe you are a hoarder but most people do not "just fill half their garage with junk anyway."
Hey, I might need some of this later!

Idk. You're probably right, but that would still be a tight fit with two cars unless one is a small sports car like in the plan.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Nothing wrong with a classic aircooled 911 an an older Cayenne for the winter. I have seen worse (handwritten) plan drawings submitted by architects before. It's just a basic sketch used for sales purposes to show floorplan, the other two sections are on the website. No real need to make them absolutely to scale or include measurements.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

A group of 20 townhomes on the 4400 blocks of Broadway and Washington are set to be expanded and renovated/revamped. They will be expanded in the rear to nearly twice the size and it looks like there will be significant changes to the facades with balconies added

I'm fairly sure these are currently rentals. I will be curious to see if they are kept rentals, or put up for sale.

Current:

Proposed:

AlbertHammond
New York Life
New York Life

Post by AlbertHammond »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm A group of 20 townhomes on the 4400 blocks of Broadway and Washington are set to be expanded and renovated/revamped. They will be expanded in the rear to nearly twice the size and it looks like there will be significant changes to the facades with balconies added
That seems like a good project. It will keep those buildings out of the landfill.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

It looks like issuing the bonds for the 44 Belle project is on the PIEA agenda for tomorrow.

Hopefully that means it will get going soon.
Issuance of taxable industrial revenue bonds for the Midtown Plaza, Phase 1 Project in the maximum principal amount of $4,500,000 and authorizing and approving certain documents and actions in connection to the issuance of said bonds.

Edit - Nevermind!

I thought that was referring to this project, which is using PIEA funds, but it is called Midtown Crossing. Midtown Plaza is the MGE Building.

I wonder when this will really start.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

The final plan has been submitted for the project at 44th and Belleview, now called West Plaza Flats.

The rendering looks pretty much the same, although the pool has been eliminated.

The big difference is the change in units, down to 104 from 138. However, I'm guessing the total number of bedrooms has increased. I'm not sure what the breakdown was before, but it will now feature 60 4-bed units, 28 3-bed units, and 16 2-bed units (356 total bedrooms).

This is an interesting strategy. It does seem like there aren't many apartments with more than 2 bedrooms in KC. I'm just not sure how much demand there is and who the target will be for all these 4 bed, 4 bath units.

swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

I'd have to imagine the target demo is UMKC/Rockhurst/KU Med students, but that's a lot of 3-4 bedroom units in a location that's not particularly close to any of them.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Agree. I would guess a location like that with that mix of units would target new professionals & college students. I know 44 Madison just east of this project has raised their rents substantially in the past years.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

I've never seen an apartment complex in urban KC with so many 3 and 4 bedroom units. Seems like an option for families that do not want a house.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

In the years I've been in Kansas City, it seems to come up occasionally that the rental market is very short on 3-4 bedroom apartments. I also see people having difficulty finding and renting 4-bedroom houses. It's not that there aren't any. It's that there aren't a lot of them for rent, or not in the location they want. Or, the only ones they can find are houses with yards, and they don't want a house with a yard to mow.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Foundations are dug for the first several SFH along 45th street in the North Plaza neighborhood and listed on Zillow for $555k.

Also, a parcel of vacant land and older homes is listed for sale for $1.85m by a subsidary of Peterson and Associates (trial lawyers, I've seen their ads around) across SW Tfy from 45 Madison apartments. It's kind of an odd shaped collection of parcels.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/2 ... ect/15_zm/
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Yeah, the 4BR/4BA units at 44 Belle almost certainly means they're targeting the student demo. Which is interesting at that location, but at that same time it's well located between UMKC/Rockhurst and KU Med.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

4505, 4509, 4511 Jefferson Street.

Before:

After:

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

New construction at 730 and 728 W. 45th Street.