World Grocer - 3967 Main

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

World Grocer - 3967 Main

Post by DaveKCMO »

https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 16669.html
The new store, Worlds Grocer, is scheduled to reopen in mid-to-late August, said Shawn Choudry, who is partnering in the new venture with four others. Choudry also owns five Worlds Liquor stores in the metro.

"We will have regular grocery items - butter, milk, bread, cheese, a large seafood department - but our niche is to cater to the international community and people who like international foods," Choudry said. "We want to cater to the UMKC students and the new generation that wants to have healthy food."
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: World Grocer - 3967 Main

Post by FangKC »

The is a good reuse of that building.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I am very skeptical of this. the guy owns 5 liquor stores. Not a lot of grocery experience. I think if the grocery part fails he will just convert it to full blown liquor store
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I am very skeptical of this. the guy owns 5 liquor stores. Not a lot of grocery experience. I think if the grocery part fails he will just convert it to full blown liquor store
I got the same feeling from the story quotes. Said they would have grocery items, but I think it will just be lemons, limes, and Bloody Mary mix.
yeliab
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by yeliab »

Someone on reddit said an owner of 888 market is a part owner.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I just feel like its gonna flop like the one at 39th/State Line in terms of being useful for the neighborhood. I think it was just a loophole for him to make it eventually into a liquor store.
I wish the only owner was the 888 market owner