Midtown Area Apartment Boom

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
earthling
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Midtown Area Apartment Boom

Post by earthling » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:04 pm

beautyfromashes wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:37 pm
It looks like construction has fully started on Midtown Plaza. They’ve remove a section of the precast side to begin demo of the interior.
Is this still latest rendering?

beautyfromashes
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by beautyfromashes » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:33 pm

I think that is the rendering for both phases. It only looks like they are working in the existing building right now (right of the picture).

Also, they are working on the old Soli building on Armour and Broadway and the building next to Gomers. I’ve heard the butcher shop will move into it and be torn down for more parking.

chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:26 am

beautyfromashes wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:33 pm
I’ve heard the butcher shop will move into it and be torn down for more parking.
FFS

brewcrew1000
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by brewcrew1000 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:42 am

Parking does suck there but it's cause people don't use the other parking lot or park on the street. There is lots of street parking by gomers

WSPanic
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by WSPanic » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:50 pm

beautyfromashes wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:33 pm
I think that is the rendering for both phases. It only looks like they are working in the existing building right now (right of the picture).

Also, they are working on the old Soli building on Armour and Broadway and the building next to Gomers. I’ve heard the butcher shop will move into it and be torn down for more parking.
So, the theory is Broadway Butcher is moving into the old Soli space? Just wanted to clarify. The building Broadway Butcher is in now kind of sucks - but certainly don't want it replaced by a surface lot.

earthling
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by earthling » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Facepalm if true that current BB is torn down for parking. The continuing suburbanization of midtown, sigh. Or maybe 1 step forward, 2 back... haven't really tallied.

beautyfromashes
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by beautyfromashes » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:19 pm

WSPanic wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:50 pm
So, the theory is Broadway Butcher is moving into the old Soli space? Just wanted to clarify. The building Broadway Butcher is in now kind of sucks - but certainly don't want it replaced by a surface lot.
Full disclosure: not totally sure about this rumor yet, but was told Gomers bought the building to the north of BB, (They also own BB building) and that they plan to move BB one block north and tear down current spot for parking. There was also some talk of a cheese place to compliment the butcher spot but I believe that idea died.

rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:33 am

Parking does suck there but it's cause people don't use the other parking lot or park on the street. There is lots of street parking by gomers
Yep, no one parks on street there. Plenty of parking on Broadway in addition to their lot. Frustrating - urban living pet peeve!