Meyer Building (3923 Main)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Meyer Building (3923 Main)

Post by DaveKCMO »

Urban Mining is moving out of the Meyer Building on Main and into the Bitterman Building on Gillham: http://www.pitch.com/news/blog/20976149 ... ain-street
"Our building was sold to a developer and we’re pretty much priced out the situation," says Heather London, co-owner of Urban Mining. "The lease ends in January, and they proposed to double the rent. There's no ill will, but that wasn't gonna work for us."

There's good news, though: London, co-owner Susan Hartnett, and the 35 or so dealers who ply their wares inside Urban Mining, have already settled on a new location. In February, they'll reopen at 3105 Gillham, in a space formerly occupied by Bitterman's Eye Candy. Their new landlord is Butch Rigby, who bought the building last year from the Bitterman's folks.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Meyer Building (3923 Main)

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

This seems like it could be a win-win. Urban Mining should be a nice tenant for the Bitterman's Building and the Meyer Building should be able to get another good tenant.

With Scientology moving out of their building and hopefully something happening with the Hawthorne Plaza Apartments, it seems like there may be a lot of turn over around 39th and Main in advance of the streetcar.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Photon vibes sent hoping for something positive to happen with Hawthorne building. Not sure if that part of Main is prime for retail rents rising until more market rate residential built up.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Is the Meyer building going to be part of the theater redevelopment right next to it? Owned by the same developer?
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

I would love to see some dining options over there along with the retail. That area has retail, a bar, a coffee shop, and cvs seems like its due for a dining option.
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

beautyfromashes wrote:Is the Meyer building going to be part of the theater redevelopment right next to it? Owned by the same developer?
No, this is a different owner.
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

earthling wrote:Photon vibes sent hoping for something positive to happen with Hawthorne building. Not sure if that part of Main is prime for retail rents rising until more market rate residential built up.
It's under contract. I think everyone will be happy with who the buyer is, and what they have planned.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

MAC?
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

Sorry, I should add that I don't mean to hype this up at all, but it's not Mac. I haven't seen the actual plans, but from everything I've heard, it will be a solid project. I believe closing is in early October, so there will be public details soon enough.