4711 Belleview

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

4711 Belleview

Post by hartliss »

Plans are now up on the city's planning and development site. This development would replace some hideous surface lots. Wohoo!!

http://kcmo.gov/planning/development-tracker/

jasty5
Pad site
Pad site

Re: 4711 Belleview

Post by jasty5 »

I am working with the lead architect on another project, he told me that the explosion from the JJ's fire rendered the existing office building next door completely unusable. This project demolishes that building and then replaces all of the surface parking and vacant land. If the material selection is good, it looks like it could be a great project. Hopefully the pedestrian experience is good along Belleview, that street is already a hazard enough for pedestrians.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

I don't see much that suggests a dramatically improved pedestrian experience.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

jasty5 wrote:I am working with the lead architect on another project, he told me that the explosion from the JJ's fire rendered the existing office building next door completely unusable. This project demolishes that building and then replaces all of the surface parking and vacant land. If the material selection is good, it looks like it could be a great project. Hopefully the pedestrian experience is good along Belleview, that street is already a hazard enough for pedestrians.
NSPJ will not design a good pedestrian experience unless the city or developer forces their hand. So don't hold your breath.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Well, it IS better than a vacant lot. It's got that going for it.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

does anyone have good examples of street-level designs that accommodate these big elevation changes?
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Hundreds of examples in San Francisco...

https://www.google.com/search?q=san+fra ... a-a3_oibeM:
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

The final plan for this building has been submitted:

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... 8826c898ca

https://thedylanat4711.com/

As someone noted on another thread, this project was formerly on NSPJ's website, but is no longer there. These plans show Action Pact Design as the architect, but the design looks pretty much the same. Maybe an architect from NSPJ left to join Action Pact? But I would think they wouldn't be able to take the client with them.

It looks like Action Pact mostly does senior housing, but I see no indication that would be the case for this project.

The rendering above is from their website and this elevation is from the plans. There do appear to be some differences. I would guess the elevation is more accurate, but the plans also list a start date of September 2017 with completion in December 2018, so I don't think everything is spot on there.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I wouldn't be surprised if it does become an "active senior" luxury apartment building, since that is one of the fastest growing segments of real estate market.
jasty5
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jasty5 »

FangKC wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:03 pm I wouldn't be surprised if it does become an "active senior" luxury apartment building, since that is one of the fastest growing segments of real estate market.
I’m surprised there hasn’t already been more of that developed around the plaza. It is starting to pick up with the 47th and main renovation plus the new complex at 46th and summit, but I don’t think either of those are luxury.

Wasn’t there a proposal several years back for high end senior housing for the lot at 46th and Jefferson?
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:24 pm

As someone noted on another thread, this project was formerly on NSPJ's website, but is no longer there. These plans show Action Pact Design as the architect, but the design looks pretty much the same. Maybe an architect from NSPJ left to join Action Pact? But I would think they wouldn't be able to take the client with them.

ActionPact was also the architect on the Westport garage tinytown development proposal a few years ago, which looked a lot like this building.
bspecht
New York Life
New York Life

Post by bspecht »

Rezoning request submitted last week.
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... =locations
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Incentives request incoming, lol.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

chaglang wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:47 am Incentives request incoming, lol.
Followed by opposition from the West Plaza Neighborhood Association :lol:
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

And Lucas.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

kcjak wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:02 am
chaglang wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:47 am Incentives request incoming, lol.
Followed by opposition from the West Plaza Neighborhood Association :lol:
I know this was a bit tongue in cheek, but I actually don't think there is opposition from the neighborhood on this project.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

On the Commpass form, they have specified no incentives. Although, I don't know if that would preclude them from asking for incentives at a later stage.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

AFAIK, the WPNA has been fairly developer-friendly over the last 10 years or so. Maybe it's changed in the last few years.
jasty5
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jasty5 »

I'm pretty sure that WPNA is not against development on the Madison/Bellvieu corridor as long as it considers traffic flow, etc. Most folks I know have been supportive of higher/better uses along that stretch.
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

chaglang wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:21 pm AFAIK, the WPNA has been fairly developer-friendly over the last 10 years or so. Maybe it's changed in the last few years.
Anything that might amount to charm, the quality of being grateful to be alive in the first place is being erased.