KC Irish Center buys historic Drexel Hall

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

KC Irish Center buys historic Drexel Hall

Post by FangKC »

KC Irish Center buys a new home: historic Drexel Hall

http://tinyurl.com/jxqda9u

mykn

Re: KC Irish Center buys historic Drexel Hall

Post by mykn »

No mention of the Irish Pub from when they first announced this. Too bad but I'm excited they are moving to my block.
mykn

Post by mykn »

Just stopped by the Irish Center tent at Irish Fest and the pub and band stage is still in the plans. Sounds like they are doing a members only pub at first and eventually a spot open to the public, facing Linwood. Needless to say, my wife and I are now members.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Great tip, thanks!
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I live on the same block and look forward to being members. Now if the Irish Cultural Center could buy the Salvation Army and make some kind of Irish Themed Hotel it would be a pretty cool little Irish Hub in Kansas City, Maybe they even move the Irish Fest to Linwood down the road

Netflix has a documentary on Irish Pubs, its kind of interesting, a true Irish Pub does not have music or bands, its truly just a place to talk and tell stories.
mykn

Post by mykn »

The lady I spoke to talked about how the pub would be more of the traditional community meeting place rather than a place to drink, but of course their will still be drinks.