Uptown Theatre district improvements

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Uptown Theatre district improvements

Post by mgh7676 »

Krokstrom Klubb & Market now has a website and menu --
http://klubbkrokstrom.com/

Looks interesting, I've never eaten anything remotely close to this. Can't wait to check it out. That section of Broadway is becoming a nice node for the "foodie" type. Vietnamese/French, Nordic, and Ramen all in the same building, and Ethiopian across the street.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

No reindeer?
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

pash wrote:Wow, Krokstrom's menu looks good. I will definitely give it a try. When's it opening? Next year?
Last I heard was January, but Broadway Jazz Club signage is still up...not sure if work has begun inside.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mgh7676 wrote:
pash wrote:Wow, Krokstrom's menu looks good. I will definitely give it a try. When's it opening? Next year?
Last I heard was January, but Broadway Jazz Club signage is still up...not sure if work has begun inside.
Unfortunately, their late January opening is too late for my next trip to KC. I hope they do well. It's a genre you do not see all that often in the US outside of the northern Midwest and some of the bigger cities. Having lived in Scandinavia for many year and never being that crazy about the cuisine, I hope it can find a niche in KC. Grunauers seems to be doing extraordinarily well - and I never thought an upscale German restaurant would do well in KC.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Highlander wrote:
mgh7676 wrote:
Unfortunately, their late January opening is too late for my next trip to KC. I hope they do well. It's a genre you do not see all that often in the US outside of the northern Midwest and some of the bigger cities. Having lived in Scandinavia for many year and never being that crazy about the cuisine, I hope it can find a niche in KC. Grunauers seems to be doing extraordinarily well - and I never thought an upscale German restaurant would do well in KC.
There is another upscale German place a few blocks from Grunauer's called Affare and it is still going strong, suprised we can support 2 of them.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

New ramen shop (named Sho?) is going in next to Krokstrom. Looks about ready to open if it isn't already.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Sweet, another ramen noodle shop in city (new one in Columbus Park too). With Scandinavian, French Vietnamese to ramen noodle and other new things last couple years, Uptown Theatre district coming together - despite Bway Jazz Club not making it (now Scandinavian place).

Would still like to see something like this happen to central surface lot...
http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19341#p524423
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

earthling wrote:Sweet, another ramen noodle shop in city (new one in Columbus Park too). With Scandinavian, French Vietnamese to ramen noodle and other new things last couple years, Uptown Theatre district coming together - despite Bway Jazz Club not making it (now Scandinavian place).

Would still like to see something like this happen to central surface lot...
http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19341#p524423
I'm excited for this new Ramen shop, I was kind of turned off by Columbus Park ramen, its like Uber Hipster inside and quite expensive.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

kcjak wrote:New ramen shop (named Sho?) is going in next to Krokstrom. Looks about ready to open if it isn't already.

http://shioramenshop.com/

Website says "coming soon", but google says they're open now. Looks like the prices are comparable to Columbus Park.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

I went by there today around lunch time and sign on the door said opening soon.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Mesob.....? Soon, please...
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

loftguy wrote:Mesob.....? Soon, please...
I thought it's always been open
town cow
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by town cow »

True. Just as open now as it's ever been.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Krokstrom is a great new restaurant. Every dish I had there was something different to my palate. Goodt service and easy prices.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

town cow wrote:True. Just as open now as it's ever been.
At least on Independence Avenue you could get a meal. The uptown location has only provided signage and an online menu.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

moderne wrote:Krokstrom is a great new restaurant. Every dish I had there was something different to my palate. Goodt service and easy prices.
I'm loving this place, the smorgasbord is great because its a little different each time you order it and you can also get millions of different flavor combos just mixing 2 pieces of food on the board
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

loftguy wrote:Mesob.....? Soon, please...
Curious there are now 2 Ethiopian/Caribbean fusion places not far from each other in Midtown - Awaze to E on Main. The Mesob chef came via S Florida.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

loftguy wrote:
At least on Independence Avenue you could get a meal. The uptown location has only provided signage and an online menu.
OK. Confirmation that they are not yet open. They have been building out the space for nearly a year.

Here's the response to an email sent to their website email...........

"Sorry, unfortunately we are not open at the moment. We have our last inspection on Wednesday.
Will keep you posted as we know more.
Thank you."
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

loftguy wrote:
loftguy wrote:
OK. Confirmation that they are not yet open. They have been building out the space for nearly a year.

Here's the response to an email sent to their website email...........

"Sorry, unfortunately we are not open at the moment. We have our last inspection on Wednesday.
Will keep you posted as we know more.
Thank you."
Ok, just wondering because I always see lights on in there and i do see people roaming around in there but it must just be the owner. I really don't even know if that place survives a year. Its so hidden back in that corner.