Union Hill Development

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Union Hill Development

Postby moderne » Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 am

Since these were once hotel kitchenettes they are small apartments. The only change has been to add a closet with stacked washer dryers. The living room areas all seem small and there is not much closet space. The 2 bedroom has a second bedroom in an upstairs open loft. While I am glad they recycled this into affordable housing this lot with its great views would be ideal for a low or mid rise building.

Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Postby Darlene » Wed May 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Now I do not like grave yards. Why do people want to live so close to one?

SimplyKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Postby SimplyKC » Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 pm

moderne wrote:While I am glad they recycled this into affordable housing this lot with its great views would be ideal for a low or mid rise building.

I think there is bigger opportunity next door, Union Hill Day School. They have a long waiting list to attend and could probably use a larger location. Something nearby, but bigger, and the property they sit on is prime for residnetial (multi-floor) development once the street car comes by.

Return to “Urban Core”