Historic Old Northeast

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 7466
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by flyingember » Tue May 21, 2019 9:51 am

johnmatrix wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:09 am
Beautiful design but cant help but wonder how long before they are turned into drug houses?
What a horrible thing to say.

johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by johnmatrix » Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 am

flyingember wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:51 am
johnmatrix wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:09 am
Beautiful design but cant help but wonder how long before they are turned into drug houses?
What a horrible thing to say.
Why? It's one of the most dangerous areas in the country.

User avatar
chaglang
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3485
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by chaglang » Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Demonstrably false.

missingkc
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:16 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by missingkc » Tue May 21, 2019 7:45 pm

I suspect some of the folks hoping to move in there have the same concern. It happens.

johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by johnmatrix » Wed May 22, 2019 8:39 am

chaglang wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 pm
Demonstrably false.
Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTQwa6zvcY

alejandro46
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm
Location: King in the North(Land)

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by alejandro46 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:36 am

johnmatrix wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:39 am
chaglang wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 pm
Demonstrably false.
Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTQwa6zvcY
Obviously understand that this is a dangerous and developing area. Hoping that it will be better soon but just writing. It all off as future crack houses because it is in the east side is pretty racist.

johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by johnmatrix » Wed May 22, 2019 11:54 am

alejandro46 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:36 am
johnmatrix wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:39 am
chaglang wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 pm
Demonstrably false.
Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTQwa6zvcY
Obviously understand that this is a dangerous and developing area. Hoping that it will be better soon but just writing. It all off as future crack houses because it is in the east side is pretty racist.
Yeah I get it everything that offends you is racist.

User avatar
grovester
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3873
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: KC Metro

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by grovester » Wed May 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Anybody have any Troll-B-Gone?

User avatar
WSPanic
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by WSPanic » Wed May 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Seems like the general civility/good vibe of this place wears out the wannabe 4-chan types like that. Anyone seen Maitre'D latetly?

Hoping that is the case this time.

johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by johnmatrix » Wed May 22, 2019 4:35 pm

LOL yeah because pointing out 9th and Prospect is a shithole is totally trolling.

User avatar
TheLastGentleman
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 859
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by TheLastGentleman » Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm

This forum is supposed to be a happy place

User avatar
FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 13826
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:02 pm
Location: Old Northeast -- Indian Mound

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by FangKC » Wed May 22, 2019 5:52 pm

Your lack of hope that neighborhoods can change with effort leads me to think that your currency in life is throwing out negativity in all things.

Most people would view any new construction in that neighborhood as a net positive. Why would any developer invest money building there if they believed your narrative?

Alphabet City in Manhattan, NYC, was a dangerous area in the '90s. Now it's been completely changed. Young professionals occupy many of the apartments. New buildings are going up. Neighborhoods can change from bad to good in 10-20 years. There were parts of the Bronx that were crime-ridden, uninhabitable, and had mostly burned-out buildings. Now those areas are being reborn.

Just writing off entire areas of the City is not the solution.

User avatar
beautyfromashes
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 4627
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:04 am

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by beautyfromashes » Wed May 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Sometimes people join a message board and want to fly in with afterburners on announcing their arrival. Unfortunately, they usually burn up everyone around them and can’t get out of the carnage themselves. I’m hoping John can make a recovery instead of always being a negative Nancy.

johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by johnmatrix » Thu May 23, 2019 7:55 am

FangKC wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:52 pm
Your lack of hope that neighborhoods can change with effort leads me to think that your currency in life is throwing out negativity in all things.

Most people would view any new construction in that neighborhood as a net positive. Why would any developer invest money building there if they believed your narrative?

Alphabet City in Manhattan, NYC, was a dangerous area in the '90s. Now it's been completely changed. Young professionals occupy many of the apartments. New buildings are going up. Neighborhoods can change from bad to good in 10-20 years. There were parts of the Bronx that were crime-ridden, uninhabitable, and had mostly burned-out buildings. Now those areas are being reborn.

Just writing off entire areas of the City is not the solution.
I'm a realist and sadly not everything in life is positive. In order for areas like to succeed some gentrification will need to be accepted. This town doesn't seem to have the stomach for that. We've seen this work some areas IE: Troostwood

User avatar
WSPanic
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by WSPanic » Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 am

It's been well-documented that Pendleton Heights actually rocks. Not too far from the most dangerous intersection in the world.

What a country.

/Yakoff

User avatar
taxi
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1658
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:32 am
Location: North End
Contact:

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by taxi » Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 am

johnmatrix might just be Darlene when she lets her hair down, kicks off her high heels and has a couple cocktails.

johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by johnmatrix » Thu May 23, 2019 11:39 am

taxi wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 am
johnmatrix might just be Darlene when she lets her hair down, kicks off her high heels and has a couple cocktails.
You are incapable of having a conversation I see.

Riverite
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by Riverite » Fri May 24, 2019 8:22 am

New concept from the owner of Hammer Hand coffee in Liberty. Looks like the shop will be opening in late summer in Pendleton Heights. The Instagram name is phcoffeekc, looks like a cool build out

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 7466
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Historic Old Northeast

Post by flyingember » Fri May 24, 2019 2:01 pm

johnmatrix wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:39 am
taxi wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 am
johnmatrix might just be Darlene when she lets her hair down, kicks off her high heels and has a couple cocktails.
You are incapable of having a conversation I see.
No, that was spot on.

Post Reply