Troost developments

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Troost developments

Post by DaveKCMO »

Critical_Mass wrote:Would that skywalk prevent any potential streetcar running down troost in the future?
No. If that ever came to fruition, I'd probably just take a sledgehammer to it myself and avoid the engineering exercise entirely.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Imagine if those high tension power lines fell on to the metal skywalk-----flash fried kiddies.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

FangKC wrote:Clemons Real Estate has posted lease/sale signs for the buildings on the west side of Troost between Linwood and E. 31st Street.
They may have put up some new signs, but Clemons has been marketing those properties for quite some time now (seemingly off-and-on) - at least 3 years.

I don't even see those properties currently on the Clemons website. They do have couple posted for sale (undisclosed price) on LoopNet.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that the car lots and repair shop at 4400, 4401 and 4409 Troost are listed for sale as a package for $530k. This is right by UC-B's offices. I wouldn't mind seeing them redeveloping these parcels.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

If they close as car lots, they cannot re-open as car lots without a special use permit.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:The Milhaus project, at 27th and Troost, is well-underway. July 13, 2018.

Looking southeast just north of 27th and Troost.

Looking northeast from Troost.

I am happy that they are placing the apartments so close to the sidewalk instead of having them setback so far from the street.

Here is the design for the new apartment building, and the retail building on the corner.

Last edited by FangKC on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:July 13, 2018.

Looking northwest from 31st and Troost. The former department store building being renovated. Windows have been added at street level.

Looking west from Troost at the former department store building.

That department store building looks so much better now that they have added windows back on the street level.

WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Distrikt Biskuit House (I hate the spelling, but love the food) was supposed to be moving to 40th and Troost (NE corner), but it looks like that is off. I guess they're just going to share the Lutfi's spot on 63rd. It's only a morning operation, so it kind of makes sense.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:36 pm
KCtoBrooklyn wrote:
mister816 wrote:UC-B Properties looks to build Scholar’s Row apartment project at 55th and Troost

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... rylink=cpy

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 94969.html
I noticed that ground has been broken on this project.
Update:

Update: July 19, 2018.

https://uc-bproperties.com/property/scholars-row/
Last edited by FangKC on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:37 pm
And across the street at the former Troostwood garage, a couple retail spots are complete, with more under construction:

The south end of the Troostwood Garage is still under construction.

grecobs
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by grecobs »

Is there a tracker if all the developments going on along at Troost? Thinking about buying an investment property at 45th and Troost and am curious to hear thoughts on the hood. Thanks!
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:44 am Image
Groundbreaking for the new La Quinta at E. 24th and Troost will be held Tuesday, August 28 at 3:30 PM - 5 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/events/632797720425452/
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

I don't know of any Troost development tracker. Your best resource might be reading through this thread.

I don't know of much going on around 45th and Troost. The whole stretch of Troost between South Hyde Park and Manheim Park has had surprisingly few positive developments compared to other stretches of Troost that are seeing more activity. I say surprising because you have a lot of progress and good activity happening in Manheim Park: new construction homes and tons of rehabs. South Hyde Park is an area with a pretty high density of good housing that seems under-served for neighborhood amenities. I would have though more retail/commercial spaces would be popping up on that portion of Troost.

It does seem like quite few properties are being put on the market/changing hands in that area. Hopefully they will start getting new owners and seeing some progress.

I did recently notice a new sign up on the firehouse building at 4518 Troost (I believe a "for lease" sign). I just looked it up and UC-B recently bought the firehouse and lot to the north. I hadn't heard about this and don't know anything about their plan. I'm guessing they may be trying to get a tenant and doing a build-to-suit. I'm a little surprised UC-B has not done more on Troost in that area, with their offices nearby and them involved in a lot of activity in Manheim Park.

I just noticed some new permits for 4305 Troost - a remodel/finish for the 8 apartment units on the 2nd and 3rd floors. I'm not seeing any permits or references to the retail spaces below those apartments, but hopefully something will be happening there.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

New rendering for the hotel from that link about the groundbreaking:

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

It's too bad that the location couldn't support a taller hotel, since the views of downtown from the upper floors would be very nice.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

At least it faces the street and has a transparent, seemingly active, ground floor.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Eon Blue wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:34 pm At least it faces the street and has a transparent, seemingly active, ground floor.
At one time this was to include a coffee shop for the neighborhood. I'm curious whether that ends up making it in.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

The building and lot next to the SE corner of Armour and Troost are for sale for $1.3m. Welcome to the land rush.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

New coffee shop/cafe open at 44th and Troost, Equal Minded Cafe:

https://equalmindedcafe.com/home-1
chaglang wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:49 pm The building and lot next to the SE corner of Armour and Troost are for sale for $1.3m. Welcome to the land rush.
So is the east side of the block all the way to 36th st for sale now (aside from MAC's project)? I think the lot to the south of those buildings has been for sale for a while.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

I don’t think the brick building south of the large white garage-looking building is for sale. But that would be the only lot on that block of Troost.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

The parapet detail work on the Firestone building at Linwwod and Troost is getting cleaned up. Anyone know if there is anything behind that (new owner/tenant)?

Something called Dream Muscle Coffee is going into the former Urban Cafe space. I was thinking that "dream muscle" might refer to the brain. Nope. They are talking about actual muscles. And Coffee. Coffee protein drinks... Ok.

https://drinkonecup.com/