Roasterie Expansion Update

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Roasterie Expansion Update

Post by kboish »

The Roasterie is planning to put a drive-through at its location on Southwest Boulevard and at 43rd and main (an addition to the existing building there). The first one is a Boulevard- which I thought the city just passed a Parkway and Boulevard Standards that does not allow drive-thrus, while the second one is not a parkway or boulevard, it is directly on the identified expansion route of the streetcar (and main has long been selected as a mass transportation corridor). In their markup of the new building they even included the Max station situated directly in front of the building.

http://maps.kcmo.org/kcgis/rest/service ... ments/7694

It seems like these drive-thru concepts are a problem for the envisioned uses along those corridors.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

It's not on the attached PDF, but maybe the SW Blvd drive thru will actually be on 27th.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

WSPanic wrote:It's not on the attached PDF, but maybe the SW Blvd drive thru will actually be on 27th.
I drove down SW Blvd over the weekend - looks like the Roasterie drive thru is directly on SW Blvd and whatever corner the main Roasterie building is on. I can't believe SW Blvd is part of the boulevard system - there isn't much going on from an upkeep or beautification perspective.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

Interesting - I did not know about that 43/Main Roasterie location. Is it part of the H&R block space or will it be separate?
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

It looks to be an addition to the HR Block building based on that rendering, but i don't know how current that was.
hgascoigne
Supporter

Post by hgascoigne »

kboish wrote:It seems like these drive-thru concepts are a problem for the envisioned uses along those corridors.
I don't know why, but I never envisioned the Roasterie to be the kind of company that would even consider adding drive thrus.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Block has another location at 39th and Main. Perhaps, they are selling this location?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

kcjak wrote:
WSPanic wrote:It's not on the attached PDF, but maybe the SW Blvd drive thru will actually be on 27th.
I drove down SW Blvd over the weekend - looks like the Roasterie drive thru is directly on SW Blvd and whatever corner the main Roasterie building is on. I can't believe SW Blvd is part of the boulevard system - there isn't much going on from an upkeep or beautification perspective.
I didn't think Roasterie actually extended to SW?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

They don't.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

So a separate structure?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Looks like they're leasing the space, the owner of the property lives in Independence.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

chrizow wrote:Interesting - I did not know about that 43/Main Roasterie location. Is it part of the H&R block space or will it be separate?
It's a building 'expansion'. Construction has started, NE corner of 43rd/Main has construction fencing, now ripping up the surface lot. The H&R Block building facade also being ripped off. Apparently will be new facade to match or complement expansion.