Beacon Hill

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Beacon Hill

Post by FangKC »

View of current status of the north side of Beacon Hill Lane between Forest Court and Tracy Avenue.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

A new house being built on the east side of Forest Court between 24th Street and Beacon Hill Lane.

Last edited by FangKC on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

The new development is getting a pretty crazy bunch of new streets and sidewalks, thanks to GO Bond money.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

2601 Tracy is listed. $625,000. 4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms.

Practically New Modern Custom Stunner in Beacon Hill with Updates Galore. Open Floor Plan with 12 Foot Ceilings on Main Living Area. Acacia Hardwoods Throughout First Floor. Highlights include SubZero Fridge, Thermadore Range, Salt Water Heated Pool, Outdoor Privacy Fence and Security System. First Floor Oversized Master Includes Stand Alone Tub and View of Pool. Finished Basement with Wet Bar, Wine Fridge, Full Bath. Custom Modern Staircase Leads to Three Bedrooms Upstairs with Full Bath. Three Car Garage.

https://tinyurl.com/y8nxnhpn
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Seems like a super use of GO Bond money.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I noticed some new mounds of dirt south of E. 25th Street on Forest, and a lot of the trees and brush have been cleared out.

GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

This was by far the coolest, most interesting part of my last visit to KC. The Beacon Hill neighborhood is finally starting to take off. I can only hope this neighborhood expands to 4-10 times its size in the coming decade or two. New construction especially needs to jump over 71 and start developing the vacant land over there. I talked to a couple of residents of the area, most seem to be transplants from other major cities. This area has kind of a Denver feel to it and fills a housing type void that KC generally lacks outside of Union Hill. I think KC needs this and the city should continue to do what they can to grow the area. Beacon Hill could someday become the most desirable single family urban neighborhood in the central city.

So far, so good though, Love the modern contemporary houses, mix of new construction and renovations etc. Just make it a lot bigger.
Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

Wow that looks pretty neat! I love the green siding. I live in Olathe right now but I have to admit this looks pretty nice too. What do apartments in that area rent for?
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

GRID wrote:This was by far the coolest, most interesting part of my last visit to KC. The Beacon Hill neighborhood is finally starting to take off. I can only hope this neighborhood expands to 4-10 times its size in the coming decade or two. New construction especially needs to jump over 71 and start developing the vacant land over there. I talked to a couple of residents of the area, most seem to be transplants from other major cities. This area has kind of a Denver feel to it and fills a housing type void that KC generally lacks outside of Union Hill. I think KC needs this and the city should continue to do what they can to grow the area. Beacon Hill could someday become the most desirable single family urban neighborhood in the central city.

So far, so good though, Love the modern contemporary houses, mix of new construction and renovations etc. Just make it a lot bigger.
I haven't gotten to the point that I really love Beacon Hill all that much yet but it has promise. It also seems to be the one place other than the West Side that has some ongoing gentrification and much of Beacon Hill's growth is on vacant land. Beacon Hill homes are so far more aesthetically pleasing than some of the new homes on the West End - one shown on a thread here is an ugly mess. Detracts from the community. I've also noted a few outrageous prices on a per foot basis in the west end - 300$ per square foot.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:Three houses on the east side of Tracy between E. 25th Street and 25th Terrace have had the exteriors renovated.

2515 Tracy is renovated and for sale.

https://www.urbancoolkc.com/property/m ... 4229e616d/
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:
FangKC wrote:Three houses on the east side of Tracy between E. 25th Street and 25th Terrace have had the exteriors renovated.

https://www.urbancoolkc.com/property/mo ... 4229e616d/
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:

https://www.urbancoolkc.com/property/mo ... 4229e616d/[/quote]
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

[/quote]

https://www.urbancoolkc.com/property/mo ... 4229e616d/
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Looks like 2515 Tracy is down $15k already and it's still overpriced
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

The Colonades at Beacon Hill appear to be near completion, and accepting applications.

http://www.colonnadesatbeaconhill.com/

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:A new house being built on the east side of Forest Court between 24th Street and Beacon Hill Lane.

The house is almost complete. July 13, 2018.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:NE corner of Forest Court and Beacon Hill Lane.

Update: July 13, 2018.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:New foundation being poured on the SE corner of E. 25th Street and Tracy Avenue.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:View of current status of the north side of Beacon Hill Lane between Forest Court and Tracy Avenue.

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Looks like a substantial amount of activity. So how close is the existing vacant land to being built out? Looks like a nice combo of new builds and renovations.