hyde park: believe the hype?

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: hyde park: believe the hype?

Post by mgh7676 »

kcjak wrote:Fencing is now up around the office building and construction trailer in place.
Sounds like the Mac Property leasing office will eventually be moving into this building.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I've always thought that food trucks could make some decent money in the Armour/Gilham area around dinner time. After work this area is always buzzing with people out and about getting home from work, etc. I think it would be a good way for a food truck to make some money outside the normal downtown lunch hours.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Was at a conference this week and came across this MAC Properties video "Who We Are", with a variety of shots of properties and residents in both Chicago and KC. They are obviously proud of their historic properties and the neighborhood redevelopment they are a part of. We are lucky to have them in midtown.

Thought I would share if interested -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1evm3H637i8
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

Noticed that workers were taking off rusty/hideous panels on the parking garage behind the "zebra" building. Hope that garage gets a total revamp, such an eyesore when driving north on Gillham.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

These houses near Charlotte on the roundabout (south of E. 27th Street) are almost finished.

On these lots.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Two new houses are being constructed on Campbell just north of E. 29th Street. I think the street addresses for these will be 2838 and 2836 Campbell.

On these lots.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I've updated the parcel map to show these two new houses on Campbell (indicated in blue).

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote:Two new houses are being constructed on Campbell just north of E. 29th Street. I think the street addresses for these will be 2838 and 2836 Campbell.

On these lots.

Update on progress of these two new houses on Campbell. Photos taken Dec. 14th. The green house is fully-finished, and the lawns have been put down for both houses.

Here is the real estate listing for the green house.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... 7619-29347
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

No way to walk up from the street?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I noticed that too Eon Blue. I guess they will put the sidewalk and stairs in later.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I doubt they're planning to, they put sod in already
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

FangKC wrote:I noticed that too Eon Blue. I guess they will put the sidewalk and stairs in later.
Sodbuster!
glacier890
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by glacier890 »

MAC getting more properties on Troost. Getting rid or cleaning up the gas station sounds like it will be huge improvement.

"A plan to rehabilitate all four corners of Armour Boulevard and Troost Avenue — and help improve livability of nearby neighborhoods — earned early endorsement Thursday from Kansas City’s Planned Industrial Expansion Authority.

The economic development agency OK’d agreements to work with the city and MAC Properties to acquire five parcels of property. The plan calls for the city to contribute $1 million from its Midtown Business Interruption Fund to help obtain titles to three of the five properties.

MAC Properties is the real estate developer that already has renovated 30 properties along Armour, most of them residential buildings stretching east from Main Street."

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 37040.html
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

This MLS listing mentions a Marriott being built around 31st & Troost. Has anyone heard anything about that?

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... 3430-66161
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote:This MLS listing mentions a Marriott being built around 31st & Troost. Has anyone heard anything about that?

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... 3430-66161
This has an appraisal, construction cost and is ready for rehab. Buyer can buy units on there own or consider working with seller and doing a joint venture. This could be a package deal with MLS#1973661. There is a Marriott hotel going to be built across the street with other new shopping stores. The KC police station is located directly across from this property which is a secure feeling as a tenant. This is located close to home depot, Costco, local businesses, bars, grocery stores, bus line,ect.
That is right at the expected project at Linwood and Troost.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

Do you mean Armour and Troost?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Kind of a weird spot for a Marriott, I'm assuming it will be like a Fairfield Inn or Townplace Suites. Marriott really has a strong hold in the River to Plaza Corridor, 11 Hotels plus I think 1 or 2 more
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Kind of a weird spot for a Marriott, I'm assuming it will be like a Fairfield Inn or Townplace Suites. Marriott really has a strong hold in the River to Plaza Corridor, 11 Hotels plus I think 1 or 2 more
Yeah, I read somewhere that the developers were aiming for a Marriott branded hotel like Fairfield or Courtyard, not an actual Marriott.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

sunflower, i think?
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Sunflower is behind the hotel proposal for Beacon Hill at 26th and Troost, and last I heard, Best Western was the purported flag. I'm not sure if that is the hotel being referenced as "across the street" as that would be quite a stretch. I haven't heard of any other hotel proposals. I think the realtor may be confused - as evidenced by the asking price for those buildings.