"Flashcube" Building - 720 Main

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
TheLastGentleman
New York Life
New York Life

Re: "Flashcube" Building - 720 Main

Postby TheLastGentleman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:40 pm

I've been told the restoration will require the replacement of all windows....so virtually the entire exterior of the building. Of course, they can't take the opportunity to replace it with a cladding that might be more suitable for apartments, because then they wouldn't get historic tax credits. For a garbage mid 70s office building.

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Postby FangKC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 pm

I can't believe they are getting historic tax credits. The building isn't yet 50 years old. Most exemptions to that rule are because the building is considered exceptional. I really doubt the Flashcube Building is considered an exceptional historic asset by many experts.

There are much older properties competing for approval and available tax credits. It doesn't seem fair they should be competing against a building that isn't yet 50 years old.

http://www.newstribune.com/news/missouri/story/2018/may/18/missouri-lawmakers-ok-historic-tax-credit-cut/726851/

scooterj
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Postby scooterj » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:02 am

shinatoo wrote:Glitz and Glory, really?

I was more irritated by the fact the article had to supply a link to explain what a flash cube is. (Which was then filled with comments by stunned kids wondering why light bulbs burned out so fast back then.)

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Postby FangKC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:28 pm

On Ozzy and Jack's World Tour this week (A&E Channel), Ozzy Osbourne meets up with a long-time fan when they are visiting the military's aircraft graveyard in Arizona. The fan presents an old Black Sabbath cassette tape for Ozzy to sign, and explains that the younger members of his crew didn't know what it was when he was showing it to them. They had never seen a cassette tape. :D

Return to “Downtown”