OFFICIAL - 909 Walnut

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Re: OFFICIAL - 909 Walnut construction

Post by coreyo »

Yes. People are only allowed to do what I tell them is okay.  &&&&
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: So only people who like modernist decor are allowed to live in urban housing? 
no shit.

I would choose a more modern decor, but I couldn't care less what the guy above me chose.  It would probably be nice to not go up one floor and see the exact same decor ;).

These people could have built a home in Hallbrook.  Few have the resources along with the passion to live urban in KC to even attempt this and the few that do get ripped for it?  OK...
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

GRID wrote: no shit.

I would choose a more modern decor, but I couldn't care less what the guy above me chose.  It would probably be nice to not go up one floor and see the exact same decor ;).

These people could have built a home in Hallbrook.  Few have the resources along with the passion to live urban in KC to even attempt this and the few that do get ripped for it?  OK...
haha. you're hilarious man. nobody didn't criticized their passion to live in urban KC.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

coreyo wrote: haha. you're hilarious man. nobody didn't criticized their passion to live in urban KC.
Yea, I was also thinking of the comments on the star article I just read.  Wasn’t really directed at this forum.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Remember the before pictures of this space?  That transformation alone is impressive, decoration style be damned.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

WoodDraw wrote: Remember the before pictures of this space?  That transformation alone is impressive, decoration style be damned.
yes, look at it exactly this way! people always assume modern = downtown. now it's perfectly acceptable to look at an urban space and see a different style (at least for those who are into faux tuscan or whatever it is called these days).
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

DaveKCMO wrote: yes, look at it exactly this way! people always assume modern = downtown. now it's perfectly acceptable to look at an urban space and see a different style (at least for those who are into faux tuscan or whatever it is called these days).
Fuxscan?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

There is no fifth destination.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

Odd timing as some downtown condo buildings are going rental.  At least it's easier to transition/sell units in a 90%+ occupied building than an empty one.  I wonder what % of those already living in it will bite?
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

ignatius wrote: Odd timing as some downtown condo buildings are going rental.  At least it's easier to transition/sell units in a 90%+ occupied building than an empty one.  I wonder what % of those already living in it will bite?
I seriously considered living in this building when it first opened - they said that when the building went condo the current renters would get first dibs on their unit or a unit of their choice (over potential owners not renting in the building).  They also said that renters would get some sort of discount on the purchase price based on how many months they had rented in the building.  Wonder if these incentives are still around?
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

BTW, methinks it still might be the tallest residential building in Midwest outside of Chicago.  It was when it opened.  Minneapolis has a new tall one but only taller when including spire.  I think 909 is still tallest living space.
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

not a great time to sell but there is no cost to them with trying to sell what they can.  They are 90% rented now and I suspect it will stay that way while they try to sell what they can. Similar to DE lofts in River Market. 

If I were a developer that is the way I would do it. Get a strong rental base and then try to sell as condos rahter than try to sell them as condos form the start, i.e. Liberty Lofts, One Park Place etc
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

now that the sales office for the Reserve has moved out, it appears they have a new tenant in the corner space. looks to be an office, not retail. :(
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCFan »

DaveKCMO wrote: now that the sales office for the Reserve has moved out, it appears they have a new tenant in the corner space. looks to be an office, not retail. :(
I thought it was 909's new sales office?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCFan wrote: I thought it was 909's new sales office?
yeah, hadn't read that article before i commented.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

tella100 wrote: not a great time to sell but there is no cost to them with trying to sell what they can.  They are 90% rented now and I suspect it will stay that way while they try to sell what they can. Similar to DE lofts in River Market. 
Except it is really hard to get financing for a building full of rentals. Ask anyone that has tried to buy something at DE Lofts lately. The developer has been providing financing.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Entertainment Properties Trust moves from Union Station to 909 Walnut in September--taking over space vacated by Perfect Commerce.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/s ... a=e_du_pap
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The art deco zodiac on the ceiling of that space is spectacular.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

There are a lot of wonderful interiors in buildings in Kansas City that few people ever see.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

FangKC wrote: There are a lot of wonderful interiors in buildings in Kansas City that few people ever see.
that would be a great thread, interiors and how to get to see them.