Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by Chris Stritzel »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 pm More utility locating at 19th & Grand this weekend:

Something has to be planned there. With the drilling a few weeks ago and now this, someone is planning something.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Definitely think something is being planned.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

The site is going on the market as a separate parcel. If you recall, it sold with the Assurant property earlier this year: https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... -sale.html
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Thou Mayest is closing Dec. 24 and will reopen at a new location (address and date TBD): https://www.facebook.com/thoumayestcoff ... 9860687117
Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Darlene wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park.
Woo Hoo!!!
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Darlene wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.
Actually, net parking is way up downtown in recent years.

New garages:
Two Light, Corrigan, Loews, Courtyard/Residence Inn, 5th and Grand, Missouri and Grand, Crossroads Westside, Arterra, Power and Light

Coming soon:
Three Light, RM West 2, Delaware Landing, KCATA at 3rd/Grand, 19th and Oak, 1800 Walnut
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Darlene wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.
Take a scooter.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

kcjak wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm
Take a scooter.
You try scooting in heels!
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

F.F.S. Darlene. You live in a city, there are those Lime Scooters, the streetcar and Bus, parking should become more scarce. Take one of the options or wear normal shoes and put high heels on at your destination. It's a simple fix, don't overthink it. Also,
flyingember wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm Actually, net parking is way up downtown in recent years.

New garages:
Two Light, Corrigan, Loews, Courtyard/Residence Inn, 5th and Grand, Missouri and Grand, Crossroads Westside, Arterra, Power and Light

Coming soon:
Three Light, RM West 2, Delaware Landing, KCATA at 3rd/Grand, 19th and Oak, 1800 Walnut
So when you complain that you cant find a place to park, remember the names of these developments as I am sure public parking will be available. But then I know that you don't like Parking Garages from the River Market thread. I guess you won't be coming into the downtown area to do business until you can get over your fears of parking garages or have someone with you who doesn't matter chauffeuring you around. Sheesh. [-X
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

“Darlene” is nothing more than a figment of someone’s imagination, for the record. Whoever thinks this trolling is cute will give up if people ignore the posts.
Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

flyingember wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm
Actually, net parking is way up downtown in recent years.

New garages:

Coming soon:
I prefer parking lots I just do not feel safe in parking garages with the way things are today.
Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

grovester wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:11 pm
kcjak wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm
Take a scooter.
You try scooting in heels!
I could not have said it better myself!
Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

swid wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:52 pm “Darlene” is nothing more than a figment of someone’s imagination, for the record. Whoever thinks this trolling is cute will give up if people ignore the posts.
Excuse me?! I see your posts for exactly what they are. You are a bunch of men here who are sexist and in the old boys club or young bros club or whatever it is. It's time you got in the modern age and respected women.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I miss Annie Warbucks
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

A good troll is hard to find.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:32 pm A good troll is hard to find.
Which is why we must support and encourage Darlene.
snigglefritz
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by snigglefritz »

smh wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:34 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:32 pm A good troll is hard to find.
Which is why we must support and encourage Darlene.
TO DARLENE! =D>
Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

You boys need to learn how to treat women. But I am here to talk about the parking situation. If we ladies have to walk too far our feet hurt really bad.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Darlene wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:38 pm You boys need to learn how to treat women. But I am here to talk about the parking situation. If we ladies have to walk too far our feet hurt really bad.
I never let a woman walk in my presence.