Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by chingon »

mykn wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 pm Scoop of cheez wiz? Clearly they don’t have cheez wiz in the uk.
They only found out that you could have flavor in foods like 10 yeas ago. Cut them some slack.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

So, considering this has been a Grinders staple for over a decade, how is it that this ends up in such a fine publication as the Mail in 2018?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Mean Mule Distilling on Locust appears to be close to opening.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

108 W. 19th Street is being renovated.

Longtime Crossroads Developer Nate Accardo Tackles New Project

https://cityscenekc.com/longtime-crossr ... w-project/

https://tinyurl.com/yc78oe37
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:36 pm Mean Mule Distilling on Locust appears to be close to opening.
I've been trying to track this but they seem to have pretty much zero social media presence. Do you know if this just a production facility or will they have a tasting room too?
Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

FangKC wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:01 am 108 W. 19th Street is being renovated.

Longtime Crossroads Developer Nate Accardo Tackles New Project

https://cityscenekc.com/longtime-crossr ... w-project/

https://tinyurl.com/yc78oe37
Now that looks real good I hope they get all them old buildings repaired looks like a bunch of homeless could be around there does not seem to safe at all. I think it would be good to put in some angle parking so there is more arking down there.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

scooterj wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:37 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:36 pm Mean Mule Distilling on Locust appears to be close to opening.
I've been trying to track this but they seem to have pretty much zero social media presence. Do you know if this just a production facility or will they have a tasting room too?
Why not have a tasting room? Noted that there was a Mean Mule cocktail at the new Hotel Indigo Crossroads, but they were substituting a different spirit because MM wasn't yet available...
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The Better Block design on Oak is exactly what should have been done a few months ago.

Traffic moved along SB perfectly fine the first day and people were parked in the floating spots. About the only change I would have added is a temp middle turn lane instead of NB being two lanes.
snigglefritz
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by snigglefritz »

Has the City ever taken any steps to implement Better Block proposals on a permanent basis? Or is the whole purpose to "get people talking" about how road diets wouldn't completely collapse Kansas City's drive-scape?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

snigglefritz wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:08 am Has the City ever taken any steps to implement Better Block proposals on a permanent basis? Or is the whole purpose to "get people talking" about how road diets wouldn't completely collapse Kansas City's drive-scape?
IMHO it's tough to implement on a permanent basis when you have a public works department that, from what I can tell, is still largely against any infrastructure that isn't for the automobile.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

mister816 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:13 pm if it is dog friendly, they've lost a customer.
I can't tell you how glad I am to know I am not the only human being on earth who feels this way, because it often feels like it.
mykn

Post by mykn »

mean wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:28 pm
mister816 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:13 pm if it is dog friendly, they've lost a customer.
I can't tell you how glad I am to know I am not the only human being on earth who feels this way, because it often feels like it.
You're not
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

mykn wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:40 pm
mean wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:28 pm
You're not
Me three.

"But they are like my child".

"I'm not a fan of your kid either".
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

4 legs good. 2 legs bad.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

"People who hate children and animals can't be all bad...."

~W.C. Fields
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

flyingember wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 am The Better Block design on Oak is exactly what should have been done a few months ago.

Traffic moved along SB perfectly fine the first day and people were parked in the floating spots. About the only change I would have added is a temp middle turn lane instead of NB being two lanes.

Is all the traffic lights being out on Oak during rush hour a part of this, or is that just an unlucky coincidence? (Today is the first day I’ve seen it and it’s a bit of a mess for both drivers and pedestrians.)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Define "mess"?
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:38 pm Define "mess"?
It’s better now, but at 5:00 traffic was backed up a couple blocks and pedestrians were hesitant to cross because they couldn’t tell if it was their turn or if it was safe.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I mean is a two block backup at rush hour really a mess? Cars not yielding to peds at a 4 way stop is just a mess that happens everywhere in this city because dick drivers.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

snigglefritz wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:08 am Has the City ever taken any steps to implement Better Block proposals on a permanent basis? Or is the whole purpose to "get people talking" about how road diets wouldn't completely collapse Kansas City's drive-scape?
They have not. One year they didn't even show up to the event they permitted. *sigh*

The flashing reds are part of the installation. We weren't sure PW would allow it, but they did. It's only a month and we're collecting data.