Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by DaveKCMO »

bangarang on broadway is moving to the crossroads, per a sign on their window.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... rties.html

Faultless linens is putting their properties on the market for development in the Xroads. It will be very interesting to see how these shake out. Good locations for a new use.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

kboish wrote:http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... rties.html

Faultless linens is putting their properties on the market for development in the Xroads. It will be very interesting to see how these shake out. Good locations for a new use.
I hope this becomes a trend that's repeated in the east crossroads
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

JBmidtown wrote:I hope this becomes a trend that's repeated in the east crossroads
I really hope this is repeated by Superior Linen on 31st and Cherry in Longfellow.

This is great news for the Crossroads, though. Maybe something will finally happen with the big grass lot across from Faultless on Broadway.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

From a city source I won't name-

A shared parking deal with The Star is imminent. It's at the point of working out details. The Assurant deal was the starting point which is a good thing. So for everyone that pushed for that first deal, it s now a framework the city is using. Proof that small efforts snowball.

The gravel Sporting Innov. lot at Truman will become apartments. So keep an eye on this spot. To me this is the biggest deal lot conversion in the crossroads right now as it's the worst one. It's also not affected by the height suggestions for lots visible south of the PAC and it's a very large single lot so it is one to push for a quality project with plenty of height and retail space and all that
JLowe2018
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JLowe2018 »

flyingember wrote:From a city source I won't name-

A shared parking deal with The Star is imminent. It's at the point of working out details. The Assurant deal was the starting point which is a good thing. So for everyone that pushed for that first deal, it s now a framework the city is using. Proof that small efforts snowball.

The gravel Sporting Innov. lot at Truman will become apartments. So keep an eye on this spot. To me this is the biggest deal lot conversion in the crossroads right now as it's the worst one. It's also not affected by the height suggestions for lots visible south of the PAC and it's a very large single lot so it is one to push for a quality project with plenty of height and retail space and all that
Flyingmember I will back up the apartment point. I've actually known about this project since January when I had lunch with the developer and architect. I won't name them because I am not allowed to tell, but both have worked together in downtown before and are some of the highest quality in the business. When they were talking about the idea, it was in the very early stages and consisted of ground floor retail space, two floors of parking pedestal, and ten stories of apartments. I have no idea where they are now on the project but to hear it's moving forward is awesome. I have every belief this will go through because I know a few other details but I can't reveal those because I'm sure I've said too much already... :-#
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

JLowe2018 wrote:I have every belief this will go through because I know a few other details but I can't reveal those because I'm sure I've said too much already... :-#

[-o< [-o< Covered I-670 imminent???!!! [-o< [-o<
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

flyingember wrote:From a city source I won't name-

Great news. That lot has been on the top of the "piss me off" list.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I have reported that lot roughly once a month for the past year

with every ticket they send someone out and even when nothing happens, it leaves a paper trail that can be referenced later. So when the city does statistics on what gets citizen reports for the council or public works or the police or the downtown council every report doubtless shows up. And I would be surprised if the number of repeat violations doesn't come into play when someone comes asking for financial help for a project.

Like Chartwell asking for nothing should get some leniency from the city. Some of the sporting owners getting a huge handout for Cerner and then not maintaining their downtown property, well I would be surprised if this didn't affect the council's attitude when they came yet again asking for their way in The Royal issues.

No owner should want to be a hot spot of clear violations. It should be like with court, each strike leads to increasing fines.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

BNIM will move HQ to renovated Crossroads building if incentives are approved
BNIM, one of Kansas City's leading architecture firms, is planning to move its headquarters to a building that developer and philanthropist Shirley Helzberg is renovating at 1640 Baltimore Ave. in the Crossroads Arts District.
Craig Scranton, a principal with BNIM, said the three-story, 43,000-square-foot warehouse building is "one of the ugliest" in the area but will soon will be transformed into a "beautiful example of high-performance integrated architecture."

Helzberg's development partnership, Walnut Creek Ranch LLC, is planning to transform the structure via a redevelopment project with a $13.2 million price tag, including the $1.8 million Helzberg paid for the old building in 2005.
http://tinyurl.com/qaev5rw

KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

On the PEIA's agenda tomorrow is a proposal by Sunflower Dvelopment (The Ambassador Hotel, Hilton Home 2, etc...) about a renovation for the Berlau Paper Building on Walnut.

KCDowntown
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

Lifted Spirits, the distillery getting started at 1732 Cherry has a new(ish) website:
http://www.liftedspiritskc.com/

Besides what was in the KC Star in June, there really isn't any new information on the website.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

From bags to riches: Developers plan to transform Berlau Paper House

A partnership formed by the development group has acquired the vacant five-story, 32,000-square-foot Berlau Paper House building at 1509 Walnut St. for a $7.2 million redevelopment project.

Jason Swords, a principal with Sunflower Development Group, said plans call for converting the historic warehouse building into 20 high-end apartments and adding a deck over an adjacent parking lot to provide parking for 24 cars. The project also will include a couple of small street-level retail spaces.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... pment.html

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

http://cityscaperesidential.com/portfol ... -westside/

Crossroads Westside by City Scape residential. Anyone more about this other than that they got abatement so in 2014?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

there's a dedicated thread for this one: http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19449&start=40
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

I was out of town most of July; after I got back, I noticed that a business called Pure Pursuit Automotive had moved into 1619 Walnut. I had thought that it was a auto-parts store for performance/luxury cars, but nope, it's a full-blown dealer for (used) sports cars.

(Obligatory zOMG GENTRIFICATION commentary.)
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

henderson engineers moving to larger space, will double employee count: http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... ation.html
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

It would be even better if they moved all their 450 Lenexa-based employees downtown.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Barkley will stay in TWA Building in the Crossroads.

http://tinyurl.com/ofqpwqt