OFFICIAL: Professional Building

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: OFFICIAL: Professional Building

Post by chrizow »

soooo, what's up with the income restrictions?  what exactly is "60% of jackson county average?"

forgive me if this is all laid out for me somewhere.
Rusty
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty »

chrizow wrote: soooo, what's up with the income restrictions?  what exactly is "60% of jackson county average?"

forgive me if this is all laid out for me somewhere.
I heard $30K total household income.

Not sure on that, though.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

It's a little less than 30K for one person
910penn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by 910penn »

Thinking about moving here in November so today after work I'm going over to check out a 1 BR 1 BA model.  I'll post some pics if I can get some.
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

A lot of work going on over there today.  All of the street level windows/plywood have been removed.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

I went and looked at a couple of apts in this building. They were really nice. My potential roomate nixed em however, because they don't allow dogs. They had steel appliances and really nice kitchens, with lots of widows and nice views. The leasing lady was a bit of a bitch. But I guess it's the business culture of leasing apartments. I was a bit concerned about the safety of living in that district of downtown. There was an awful lot of shady looking people milling about the surrounding streets.
I guess the cute Mexican construction workers that checked me out made the trip worth it.  :lol:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

God forbid people use mass transit...much safer in KCK, says Yoda.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

justin8216 wrote: There was an awful lot of shady looking people milling about the surrounding streets.
Shady meaning people not wearing clothes from American Eagle?
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

I know it's a semi-obscure reference, but whenever I read a Justin8216 post that's not about Village West all I can think of is Prudence Pingleton from "Hairspray".

(If you don't know what I mean, Google it, you'll see I'm right.   :lol:)
Last edited by scooterj on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
910penn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by 910penn »

I was told the last time I was there that they were going to purchase the old club next door and rennovate it into lofts.  Also, the place across the street called all wrapped up plans on staying open for dinner after pb lofts opens up. Lastly, the leasing lady was real nice to me both times I was there, maybe you caught her on the day she got stuck in the elevator
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

910penn wrote: I was told the last time I was there that they were going to purchase the old club next door and rennovate it into lofts.  Also, the place across the street called all wrapped up plans on staying open for dinner after pb lofts opens up. Lastly, the leasing lady was real nice to me both times I was there, maybe you caught her on the day she got stuck in the elevator
Actually we did get stuck in the elevator. The construction froman came with the elevator keys to get us moving  again. LOL
Last edited by justin8216 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

scooterj wrote: I know it's a semi-obscure reference, but whenever I read a Justin8216 post that's not about Village West all I can think of is Prudence Pingleton from "Hairspray".

(If you don't know what I mean, Google it, you'll see I'm right.   :lol:)
I googled it and your reference makes no since at all.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

Actually, I can see it, justin.  :)
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

for posterity, i've posted this quote from the club chemical article:
The Professional Building began accepting tenants earlier this summer, and the first-floor retail spaces have been leased to a coffee shop and a sandwich shop.
do we honestly need more coffee and sandwich shops in the loop at this point? where's the other retail or sit-down restaurants?
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

DaveKCMO wrote: for posterity, i've posted this quote from the club chemical article:

do we honestly need more coffee and sandwich shops in the loop at this point? where's the other retail or sit-down restaurants?
The current/new coffee (scoots) and sandwich shops (planet sub) seem to be doing very well, especially during week day hours...so i guess more will work.

I'd like to see more retail (COUGH hey osco! COUGH).  But the PnL will have a lot of sit down places.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

I'm glad to hear that club toxic chemicals  is gone and there are some places leasing the ground floor. I am looking at the Professional Building apts as a possibilty to move.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DaveKCMO wrote: for posterity, i've posted this quote from the club chemical article:

There was an article about this very thing (sandwich shops) in the business journal last month...stated something about the retail evolution...sandwich shops seem to come first because they are low overhead.

Really our sit down dining options aren't that bad....even right now.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

justin8216 wrote: I'm glad to hear that club toxic chemicals  is gone and there are some places leasing the ground floor. I am looking at the Professional Building apts as a possibilty to move.
you are moving out of kansas ??

get out!!!!!!!!!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

kcdcchef wrote: you are moving out of kansas ??

get out!!!!!!!!!!
I know, it is hard to believe. But The PB Lofts have a lot going for them.

The rent is rather reasonable. Brand new stainless steel appliances. Brand new Washer and Drying in every unit. Wood floors and nice counter-tops. So long as I meet the income restrictions, which I don't think will be a problem. And it is only a few blocks from the P&L district. Plus I work like 5 blocks from Kemper arena, so my morning commute will drop from 20 minutes from 87th street and I-35 to 10 minutes from 11th and Grand.
swampranger
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by swampranger »

I noticed they've raised some advertisement signs in the windows announcing where Jimmy Johns Sandwich shop is going to be, and the coffee shop, which will be Bear Creek Coffee, based out of Indiana.

www.bearcreekcoffee.com
www.jimmyjohns.com
"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization."
-- Franklin Roosevelt