OFFICIAL - Commerce Tower

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
horizons82
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: OFFICIAL - Commerce Tower

Postby horizons82 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Part of the delay could be asbestos or other toxic element removal. Anybody know when that store last had a major overhaul?

May also be ADA related to BOH spaces, those have gotten a lot more stringent in the last 5 years or so.

WoodDraw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Postby WoodDraw » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:25 pm

horizons82 wrote:Part of the delay could be asbestos or other toxic element removal. Anybody know when that store last had a major overhaul?

May also be ADA related to BOH spaces, those have gotten a lot more stringent in the last 5 years or so.

2006?

There was a fight between them and commerce awhile back about this.

wahoowa
Strip mall
Strip mall

Postby wahoowa » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 am

Critical_Mass wrote:
mister816 wrote:Newly renovated high-rise apartment complex in downtown Kansas City under scrutiny

http://www.kctv5.com/story/37399965/newly-renovated-high-rise-apartment-complex-in-downtown-kansas-city-under-scrutiny

Wow, can't believe they ran with that story of one man's complaints against his landlord/building. This person was claiming it got to 40 degrees in his apartment over the winter??
KCTV5's crack team thoroughly investigated this claim before publishing slander: "Paige Bremner, Budd's neighbor, says she hasn't had any major concerns. "

bet this is pawn shop don budd, and i bet the damaged sporting goods include the trophies/rings he's taken from athletes.

is the 30th floor the "penthouse" floor of commerce (aka not penthouse at all, but higher ceilings)? i can't remember.

WoodDraw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Postby WoodDraw » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:35 am

Is CVS purposely not restocking things to get ready for the renovation? It's really gotten bad.

KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light

Postby KCPowercat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:00 am

I've been there twice this week and haven't noticed but it would make sense to reduce stock.

Return to “Downtown”