in need of suggestions...

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Michael® wrote:Actualy, you did far more than ask questions, you made implications and suggestions. If you're so into communicating and understanding, what's wrong with a private message to that person, rather than trying to imply something ludacris through posting implications.
I didn't make the implication. I simply asked. I wanted to hear why she felt that way and I felt that it was useful for everyone to know that perspective. It keeps the dialouge more thorough, honest and useful.

On the other hand, your postings aren't adding anything and are attacking one or two people uselessly, so if you have anything else to discuss, please feel free to PM me. I don't want to muddy this thread and will discuss this matter no further here.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Last edited by Deleted User on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Michael® wrote: That's a clear implication from both. You even quoted him in your post. I'm done and you can have the last word, but I've seen you pick on people before with your politically correct bull&^% and I'm tired of it.
While I don't think this is true, you, and anyone else, are welcome to bring this "bull&^%" to my attention via PM. Thanks!
Nougat
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Nougat »

I'm moving into the hanover building next week, which is run by the library lofts people. the lady told me over the phone that to qualify for the $495 1 bedroom (830 sq ft) i had to be moving in by myself, not a full time student, and make between 18 and 28 thousand a year. i think she was probably giving rough figures sort of. saying that i needed to make 3 times the rent, which would actually be $17,820 but she probably didnt feel like saying that. but yeah, it was fairly easy to get in. i have bad credit, but i have a cosigner. anyway, they have another building besides the hanover that qualifies for the affordable housing deal. its the one with the elementary school tile floors. its a bit farther from the library though. you should call them. the number I've got is 816-283-6400. The affordable housing lady you would want to talk to about the $495 apartments is named Metra. sounds like meetra.
jennmkc
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by jennmkc »

Nougat wrote:I'm moving into the hanover building next week, which is run by the library lofts people. the lady told me over the phone that to qualify for the $495 1 bedroom (830 sq ft) i had to be moving in by myself, not a full time student, and make between 18 and 28 thousand a year. i think she was probably giving rough figures sort of. saying that i needed to make 3 times the rent, which would actually be $17,820 but she probably didnt feel like saying that. but yeah, it was fairly easy to get in. i have bad credit, but i have a cosigner. anyway, they have another building besides the hanover that qualifies for the affordable housing deal. its the one with the elementary school tile floors. its a bit farther from the library though. you should call them. the number I've got is 816-283-6400. The affordable housing lady you would want to talk to about the $495 apartments is named Metra. sounds like meetra.
thanks for the great info! i'll call her monday... and i also want to thank you for attempting to stick up for me... i'd also like to thank the person who thought it would be cool to harass me on instant messenger about my post...

thanks guys :D
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

Are you 100% set on your new place being Downtown? Would say, 3-5 minutes from Downtown be OK?

We live in the newly renovated Ellison Apts. on Broadway & Armour Blvd - you can get a great deal here. Our 1200 square foot apt runs $620 a month. You can have cats, & there's central heat & air.
jennmkc
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by jennmkc »

DiggityDawg wrote:Are you 100% set on your new place being Downtown? Would say, 3-5 minutes from Downtown be OK?

We live in the newly renovated Ellison Apts. on Broadway & Armour Blvd - you can get a great deal here. Our 1200 square foot apt runs $620 a month. You can have cats, & there's central heat & air.
i was looking at those the other day... they look really cool... i wouldnt mine where they are located at all...

is it pretty quiet... my whole concern is sound... i like to be able to listen to music at resonable hours without pissing my neighbors off...

is there covered parking available there? and how are the laundry rooms?
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

Whoops - sorry, missed this earlier.

Noise-wise I'd say it's an average apartment building. The walls are fairly thick, though. There's been a few occasions where it's been a little too noisy for our liking, but nothing major.

Parking is NOT covered, but there's a large parking lot to the east of the building with a fence all the way around it, & an electronic gate that you use a card to open. $20 a month. At my old place I paid $30 for not even half the security this lot provides.

The laundry rooms are OK - there's one in each tower, but one of them is empty now. We're supposed to be getting new machines in both rooms.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

This is a great web-site it has a lot of information, pictures, price, even a web cam.

http://www.highriseliving.com/listings/kansas_city/