Not Just a BLACK EYE~~ But a HUGE punch to the FACE COMING!

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

Perhaps they can pass yet ANOTHER tax for you That live in KCMO and KCK to knock this sucker out , how about that what are you guys up to on sales taxes now ,,, 15 cents on the dollar ?

Posted on Mon, Apr. 19, 2004

COMMENTARY

Happy trails? He believes

MIKE HENDRICKS

Like many big public projects, it seems, Kansas City's Riverfront Heritage Trail is way behind schedule and way, way over budget.

Still, the guy orchestrating the trail's completion, Darby Trotter, is optimistic he'll connect many of the dots on his map this year. The 9-mile bike and pedestrian trail linking the two Kansas Cities will, ultimately, be the hub for the areawide trail system known as Metro Green. But of more immediate concern is the key role the riverfront trail might or might not play in the biggest event of the upcoming summer.

“The whole nation will be looking at us on the Fourth,â€
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

This has already been mentioned in the thread about this topic. No need to start a new one.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

unless I'm missing it, where is a tax mentioned? Even if a small tax is needed to improve my quality of life with these trails so be it. If any area citizen really believe an extra 1/4 cent sales tax is going to break your wallet, might be time to move out of McDonalds.

Why am I feeding the troll?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

KCPowercat wrote:unless I'm missing it, where is a tax mentioned? Even if a small tax is needed to improve my quality of life with these trails so be it. If any area citizen really believe an extra 1/4 cent sales tax is going to break your wallet, might be time to move out of McDonalds.

Why am I feeding the troll?

The article does NOT mention tax However it does mention way over budget as the current situation. Where are they going to get the money ? same way KCMO always does, stuff another tax down YOUR throat NOT mine... on top of your 1% earnings tax, property tax, Convention and tourism tax, Inner city redevelopment tax on and on it goes where it stops NOBODY knows...
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

It wouldn't need to be paid for by raising taxes, and even if it did, I'd be happy to pay it. This is a good project well worth it. The problems it has faced mostly just cropped up recently and unexpectedly.

I'm glad they were forced to reroute the trail below the bridge, despide the riverbank collapsed that messed things up. I wasn't looking forward to having my rides interrupted by waiting for a train.

Private citizens have to pay too much federal and state tax, but I have no problem paying whatever local taxes it takes to have a nice place to live.

You bitch and moan that KC doesn't do anything, and you bitch and moan that doing things cost money.
kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

scooterj wrote:It wouldn't need to be paid for by raising taxes, and even if it did, I'd be happy to pay it. This is a good project well worth it. The problems it has faced mostly just cropped up recently and unexpectedly.

I'm glad they were forced to reroute the trail below the bridge, despide the riverbank collapsed that messed things up. I wasn't looking forward to having my rides interrupted by waiting for a train.

Private citizens have to pay too much federal and state tax, but I have no problem paying whatever local taxes it takes to have a nice place to live.

You bitch and moan that KC doesn't do anything, and you bitch and moan that doing things cost money.

Noooooo , I just think its totally ridiculous that EVERY single project that undertaken in KC is underfunded, and modified from its original plan..

Im not gloating. this is just ONE example 3 years ago Gladstone did a major renovation of Happy rock Park.

I went to the city council looked at the renderings and guess what ....when they were finished it was UNDER budget and looked just like the rendering.

the Municpal bond was paid off early ... I have never heard of such a thing in KC happening Can you ? Maybe it has and i have never heard of it ... TELL me , EDUCATE me of a project in KC that has come in under budget on time and what was promised... PLEASE tell me...
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

ok, it's a little behind and over budget.

WHO FUCKING CARES?!?!? AT LEAST SOMETHING IS HAPPENING!!

Gladstone rehabbing one of their little parks under budget is great, but a weak analogy. happy rock park is not the same scale.

maybe KC could do better managing its big projects (and this is a big project), but i am glad that our tax dollars are going to something worthwhile.

i can understand being a little cynical or dismayed at the park's delay and expense, but to express COMPLETE OUTRAGE at it is an incredible overreaction. what? big city projects are often bloated and take too long? big fuckin' surprise. just be glad something good will come out of it.

when some delay and additional expense on a big city park project is likened to a "punch in the face," something is clearly awry.

believe it or not, the city needs to use taxes to, you know, pay for things. i've come to expect that big cities (esp. KC) may not be 100% efficient with those funds and am comfortable with that.

instead of trolling discussion boards to express irrational outrage at minor setbacks in KC, why can't you be glad that something great will result? instead of bitching about how taxpayers will pay a little more than expected for the park, why don't you go to the park when it opens and say "yeah, this was worth my $27 in tax dollars." jesus.
NDgravy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by NDgravy »

Kansasfarmboy,

If you really hate KC and taxes so much, then stay in Gladstone. There is no reason to think that other people don't see a better outcome from the use of their taxes in the city that they love. Cities like KC need to have major projects or they fall behind and decay, like Detroit. If people want KC to be beautiful and a wonderful place to live, than they will continue to live there and pay these "horrible" taxes. If not, they can move. My suggestion to you is for you to go spend your time trying to figure out why you post here since you obviously have nothing to say that is beneficial to productive discussion on this board.
kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

chrizow wrote:ok, it's a little behind and over budget.

WHO FUCKING CARES?!?!? AT LEAST SOMETHING IS HAPPENING!!

Gladstone rehabbing one of their little parks under budget is great, but a weak analogy. happy rock park is not the same scale.

maybe KC could do better managing its big projects (and this is a big project), but i am glad that our tax dollars are going to something worthwhile.

i can understand being a little cynical or dismayed at the park's delay and expense, but to express COMPLETE OUTRAGE at it is an incredible overreaction. what? big city projects are often bloated and take too long? big fuckin' surprise. just be glad something good will come out of it.

when some delay and additional expense on a big city park project is likened to a "punch in the face," something is clearly awry.

believe it or not, the city needs to use taxes to, you know, pay for things. i've come to expect that big cities (esp. KC) may not be 100% efficient with those funds and am comfortable with that.

instead of trolling discussion boards to express irrational outrage at minor setbacks in KC, why can't you be glad that something great will result? instead of bitching about how taxpayers will pay a little more than expected for the park, why don't you go to the park when it opens and say "yeah, this was worth my $27 in tax dollars." jesus.
Please Sir! enough with the profanity!! I expressed my views to you in a civilized manner not using profanity. I Would appreciate the same.

Now , on to your points.

A LITTLE behind ? A LITTLE over budget ? That doesnt even scratch the surface as to what KC city workers do. In and earlier discussion I stated what I had seen Not thought about or assumed , but SEEN time and time again.

Kansas city water ,pollution control,sewers,street departments ALL ALLOW 3 guys to hang out holding up shovels and walls while one Picks at the dirt a little for 8 hours. I havent seen ONE street crew and I do not mean (MODOT) I mean KC street workers. get there round oh says 11am , or whenever they feel like it throw a little asphalt in a HOLE wait for traffic to run it down then do the same while the other 2 are either sleeping in the truck or laying under a bush. Dont take my word for it Look at channel 5 call for actions expose' on it.

As for PUNCH TO THE FACE, I now retract that its an ALL OUT PRISON BITCH RAPE!!!! Where the elected officials HOLD the citizens down a throuroughly SODOMIZE them *YOU* until youve had enough and I have yet to see kc tax payers have enough.

Gladstones small project to revitalize happy rock was a several million dollar ordeal small by the "KC SODOMIZATION" standard but HUGE by gladstones standards. I went to the park while this was going on and i seen ALL workers working their behinds off each and every day this also included the water dept codes,and streets ALL working,working,working, no one was laying under a bush or kicking a little asphalt around.

Now all this is NOT a troll. Its the way I feel and If you dont like it well that in and of itself is TOUGH. I have a right to speak my mind as long as I follow the T.O.S. of this forum and I try very hard to.

Sure most of what I post is BAD about KC But im trying to motivate you. Motivate you to open your eyes and try to see what the elected officials do to your BACKSIDE everytime you give them a little rope yet they never hang themselves.

I understand that cities must collect taxes to Buy "well things" as you put it . But HOW MUCH is this rectal hemohrage ENOUGH!!!!

I am willing to GUESS and I hope im wrong. But can anyone on this forum tell me of a project in the last 30 years that has come in under budget, on time , and AS planned ? Im guessing you cannot because its not been done.

I think the bike trail is a neat Idea I really do. IF ITS DONE AS PLANNED!!!! And i bet they start cutting out the fat very soon to get this thing rolling and done by the 4th. But my guess it will turn out like FLUSH creek a literal, utter , and PUNCH TO THE FACE AND a Prison GANG RAPE, of YOU the tax payers of KC....
kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

NDgravy wrote:Kansasfarmboy,

If you really hate KC and taxes so much, then stay in Gladstone. There is no reason to think that other people don't see a better outcome from the use of their taxes in the city that they love. Cities like KC need to have major projects or they fall behind and decay, like Detroit. If people want KC to be beautiful and a wonderful place to live, than they will continue to live there and pay these "horrible" taxes. If not, they can move. My suggestion to you is for you to go spend your time trying to figure out why you post here since you obviously have nothing to say that is beneficial to productive discussion on this board.

Because I have a RIGHT too!!!! thats why.
As for staying In gladstone I DO as much as possible or at least try to go to places that are OUTSIDE kc city limits such as un incorporated platte county or clay.

NOW

No one here has given a fair and accurate reason as to why wyandotte county got the race track and ALL that area up and going when they were trying very hard to get it here? WHY ?

Because KC is UNREASONABLE in their requests and those companies refused to turn around and Have a stool sample taken by Kay Barnes Et.AL and her body gurards..

Why does she need a body guard at YOUR expense...
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

chrizow, so you think it is acceptable to live in a city where projects are behind schedule and over budget? I completely disagree, instead of accepting a thing like this as "the way things work in a big city", we should demand that our city's set new standards. I am terribly ashamed to say that the government of Kansas City, KS runs like it is a big city, with tons of waste and late projects, but IT ISN'T A BIG CITY!!!!

The bad example set forth by much larger cities and the horrible government in place right now thinks this is acceptable behavior. Well I say it isn't acceptable, and we need to get these stupid people out of office.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kfb....drop the rape references now. As much as I want to read about "rectal hemohrage" I don't think it has a place here. So consider that just one part of the T.o.S. you are not following....and yes I can change it at will. Posting pure flame bait is also against the T.o.S. but you are allowed to remain despite many users desires because I think you do have a good opposing point of view, you just need to learn how to state them a little better so people will actually listen to your point of view. If you have any issues please contact me via email or PM.
Last edited by KCPowercat on Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

KCPowercat wrote:kfb....drop the rape references now. As much as I want to read about "rectal hemohrage" I don't think it has a place here. So consider that just one part of the T.o.S. you are not following....and yes I can change it at will. Posting pure flame bait is also against the T.o.S. but you are allowed to remain despite many users desires because I think you do have a good opposing point of view, you just need to learn how to state them a little better so people will actually listen to your point of view. If you have any issues please contact me via email or PM.

So let me get this right!!! I set a standard, by using colorfull metaphors to make my point and YOU change the rules ? Yet Others can call me MOTHERFUCKER, FUCK YOU, ANd the like and you do NOTHING ? I fell they too should be warned but you just want to discriminate against me and my style because I dont use all of the FILTHY language....

What a shame, You would have been GREAT in the olden times of lore , in brittain and england when Our forefathers left , because they too were not able to speak their mind even when doing so in a calm colorfull way.

But Hey this is your forum and Your the boss AND As In south park when you stamp your feet and tantrum "You WILL respect Mah Authoratah" with eric cartman like rants I WILL listen to you untill I fell I no longer wish to be a member here then I will OPEN UP with both barrels on my last post.

"Listen to Authoraaatahhhhh" :puke:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

So let me get this right!!! I set a standard, by using colorfull metaphors to make my point and YOU change the rules ? Yet Others can call me MOTHERFUCKER, FUCK YOU, ANd the like and you do NOTHING ? I fell they too should be warned but you just want to discriminate against me and my style because I dont use all of the FILTHY language....
Please reference where someone said either of those things to you in this thread...I have missed it. If you feel uncomfortable with what someone says to you, please let me know and I will talk with them about it. and yes I reserve the right to tweak the rules as new situations arise.
What a shame, You would have been GREAT in the olden times of lore , in brittain and england when Our forefathers left , because they too were not able to speak their mind even when doing so in a calm colorfull way.
Thanks but I've got no royal blood in me...I'm just a plain old commoner.
But Hey this is your forum and Your the boss AND As In south park when you stamp your feet and tantrum "You WILL respect Mah Authoratah" with eric cartman like rants I WILL listen to you untill I fell I no longer wish to be a member here then I will OPEN UP with both barrels on my last post.
Sorry you feel this way.....I actually discuss all moves with other moderators to get their opinions.....I'm far from a hardass on here...I've allowed you to stay and air your opinion when almost every other "forum" I've been on would have banned the flamebait......it's all about keeping respect and opinions flowing and all members feeling welcome. I've received many comments that people don't feel this forum is the same and they reference your flame bait posts. This site isn't about abortion, hate crimes, rape victims or any other huge controversial topic...it's a silly site about development in Kansas City, MO. Why you must take it to such extemes I've never understood. Just calm down and have fun with it. Nothing in here is life and death.....it's just a good place to pass around opinions....but when users start leaving because of one user, I feel something must be said. Because you never respond to my emails or PM's I feel I need to contact you in public.

Thank you...hopefully you'll understand and continue to give us your opinion in a manner that everybody can feel comfortable responding too. we're not here to look at rainbows and eat cake....there is no problem giving a negative opinion about the city/metro.

Again feel free to contact me...I do think you have a good opposing opinion but it seems your primary task on here is just to cause problems....I'm not paying for this site to see this "quality" of posts continue...hopefully you understand. I see how much you dislike money being wasted.

tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

this has got to be the most bizzare, wide ranging rants i've run across. The river bank collapse that is adding miilions to the cost of this project has nothing to do with the city. The levee and the riverbank itself are the resonsibility of the US Corps of Engineers, primarily. The original route had to be changed, not because of the city, but because of the railroads.

You know, KFB, I really kind of feel sorry for you. Your posts are difficult to follow, they take rumors and display them as fact, and you switch topics repeatedly. I wonder if you have Adult ADD. Your perceptions of the metro area are also way off base. I have never seen any of the bizzare things you claim to have seen. Your sad world reminds me of a cross between Dawn of the Dead and Max Max in Beyond Thunderdome. You appear to be a bitter, angry, uniformed man. Please get some help.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

KansasFarmBoy, the Kaw Valley Drainage District is the main reason the trail isn't complete right now, or it would have been done years ago. They pesonally are holding up all development in KCK. They are concerned with use of their levee system for a nature trail. They feel it will cause problems that have to do with flooding protection. Even you can admit that flood protection is more important than a nature trail. The end result is that because the city has to comply by the rules the KVDD sets forth, the trail could cost double to build and the city has to wait for approval from them. Which brings delays. So in the end the project is late and over-budget, just like everything else in KCK.

And people around here wonder why the riverfront was never developed.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

DeadManWalking wrote:KansasFarmBoy, the Kaw Valley Drainage District is the main reason the trail isn't complete right now, or it would have been done years ago. They pesonally are holding up all development in KCK. They are concerned with use of their levee system for a nature trail. They feel it will cause problems that have to do with flooding protection. Even you can admit that flood protection is more important than a nature trail. The end result is that because the city has to comply by the rules the KVDD sets forth, the trail could cost double to build and the city has to wait for approval from them. Which brings delays. So in the end the project is late and over-budget, just like everything else in KCK.

I do agree , flood control; should take precedence..... AND any breach in the levee system could make another flood of 53 happen its wise to make sure it will not compromize the dyke system. I did not know that thanks for informing me of that snafu and holdup

And people around here wonder why the riverfront was never developed.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

I shopped last weekend in Grove, OK which is on Grand Lake. Sales Tax rate is 8.9%. This is in a town without a four lane road and only 4 stoplights. Don't know the property tax rate but there is an old saying. There only only two things certain in life - death and taxes.
With regards to the cussing, this forum shouldn't have any in it. I am not a prude but if a person cannot converse without using a cuss word then they need to work on their vocabulary.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.