OFFICIAL: Bridgeworks Condos

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

OFFICIAL: Bridgeworks Condos

Post by macnw »

More good news for the River Market http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansa ... st=b_ln_hl. Is the market saturated yet? Great news. Good to see more out of town developers getting into the act. Now we have to find a way to connect the dots.
Last edited by trailerkid on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCDevin

OFFICIAL: Bridgeworks Condos [was: RM(more housing)]

Post by KCDevin »

awsome!!!
Thats 8,364 units since 2000! :O
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

RM

Post by macnw »

KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: OFFICIAL: Bridgeworks Condos [was: RM(more housing)]

Post by KCLofts »

macnw wrote:Good to see more out of town developers getting into the act.
In-town developer, out-of-town builder. Birt has used Barsto Construction of Kansas City on several recent projects. Glad to see him switching to someone else who seems to have some good experience in these types of projects.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Here is the Star's story...seems like they are constantly getting scooped by the Biz Journal.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 811649.htm

Buying a condo downtown seems like a no-brainer. 10 year full property tax abatement!!! After that, 50% off...and it gets passed on to the next owner if you must sell. It sounds like a really good deal.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

With the tax abatement, taxes are usually well under $100/yr!
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Temporary website is up at http://www.bridgeworkslofts.com .
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

The sales office opens up this Saturday, April 3rd. Its located at 523 Walnut, next to Planter's Seed. Looks like prices go from about $150k to just under $400k for 900 to 2000 square feet.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Grand opening party Thursday, Aprill 22nd from 5-8 at the sales office. All are welcome.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

I found these pics of this project on their website:

The Bridgeworks Website also has floor plans and prices online.

KCDowntown
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

that fourth pic from the top looks like a middle school in JoCo or something. what is that "road" around the building?

wow, tk. now i am really seeing what you were saying last week when you said the RM was basically suburban in nature. this place looks like a JoCo complex, but with a modern/Chipotle architectural vocabulary.

i also notice on their website that most of the west-facing units are reserved, while most of the open ones face east. we need cool stuff to the east!!!!
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Yeah...what is the "middle school" portion of the project? Honestly, I like the building from the front-- it looks kind of fresh. Time will tell if this style of architecture has staying power.

I was not trying to diss RM, but it just offers a lifestyle a little more "get in/get out" than some of the other downtown housing options. I mean, why would there be that many people walking around the exterior of this place when there is nothing in view of it, but suburban style streets and a cloverleaf highway intersection?

Is the street that Chrizow refering to Locust or is it an arteriallery street used for the complex?
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

yeah, from the front it looks really sweet - like the best new buildings in denver, portland, or seattle.

but the rest of it just screams "EDGY URBAN LIVING - WITH THE AMENITIES, CONVENIENCE, AND LUXURY OF JOHNSON COUNTY."

oh well. it'll work.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

The view in the fourth picture is from the northeast. So the street at the bottom of the picture is 5th ST, the one on the left hand side is Locust.

I assume the part of the building you are referring to is the low part with the metal sheathed roof. This is an existing building on the site. It is being rehabbed. The roof is shaped like that already. In fact, the trusses supporting that roof give the buidling its name.

The 4 story portion of the project is new construction. A decent view of downtown, but the freeway runs right past your window.

Whether you like the architecture or not, this is probably one of the fastest selling projects in town. I wouldn't be surprised if this sells out before Summit at 16th, which has been for sale for about 2 years now.

As for which units are selling better, it all has to with the views. The western views look at the pool, the eastern views look at a wall.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Looks ok, but it does look like a modern suburban middle school with balconies.

Why has KC not attracted higher density (new) condos projects? Come on, the River Market is going to be wasted away if we can't do better than this with the limited space there is down there.

But I'll take it, is will at least offer far better street scenes than what is there now.
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by sethyg »

Why would you want to live in a nice loft across the street from a fire station? Or, overlooking and exit from a highway?
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

The fire station could be an annoyance, but there is always a chance that it will move. The real estate might become too valuable. I heard from one of the firefighters at the station that at one time they had considered moving the station to the corner of 6th & Broadway, in the parking lot north of the Folger's building.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Demo work is pretty much done. The space to the north where the new building will go is completely clear. The existing building has been stripped down to the shell and the roof has been removed. They're moving along pretty quickly.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Groundbreaking party from 4-7 PM on October 6 at the site.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL: Bridgeworks Condos [was: RM(more housing)]

Post by Tosspot »

An advertisement for Bridgeworks says 65% of the units have now been sold, and it will open Fall of this year. Now, this is probably the first time I've looked at this thread, and I must agree with previous sentiments that those renderings appear frighteningly suburban in nature. In fact the renderings look downright awful, as if they were culled from some suburban wasteland. I actually think the real, (almost) finished project down there in the Market looks much better.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit