Downtown report from CBRE

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Downtown report from CBRE

Post by earthling »

Here's a recent downtown KC report from CBRE with various stats. Some stats are a couple years old from Downtown Council but I was surprised to see the claim that the downtown daytime population is up to 122K. That seems high.

You might need to create an account to download..
https://www.cbre.us/research-and-report ... tober-2017

Some stats if you can't download..
- Avg age downtown: 32.4 (37.4 metro)
- Downtown daytime population: 122,780
- 2015-2020 Projected Population Growth: 42% (current population not given)

These could be off as a lot of stats seem off, like saying only about 5000 new residential units from 2000-2017. It's much higher than that but depends on what they mean by 'downtown'. And then it says 3000 units since 2014, which seems more realistic but not only 2000 from 2000-2014.
More recently a residential boom has begun with over 3,000 units completed since 2014, and
another 2,600 units under construction with completion expected over the next two years. The
majority of these new units are in redeveloped historic office and industrial buildings that had long
sat vacant. While most in previous generations would have never considered downtown as a place
to call home, today downtown is becoming the hip place to live, particularly for millennials
coveting the chance to live in a walkable urban center.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Downtown report from CBRE

Post by earthling »

Anyone able to find a recent downtown residential population estimate?
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Downtown report from CBRE

Post by Riverite »

Last I saw we were at 25,000 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 30,000 now!