OFFICIAL - The Gallerie (27th & Gillham)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: OFFICIAL - The Gallerie (27th & Gillham)

Post by FangKC »

So is the plan now to develop the lots north of 29th Street on both sides of McGee Trafficway themselves; or will they be sold to other developers (most likely the ones doing The Gallerie--UC-B Properties/Milhaus--in a future phase)?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - The Gallerie (27th & Gillham)

Post by moderne »

Union hill still has the rights for the two blocks but does not have immediate plans to build. the acquisition of the residence inn and its conversion has absorbed their energy this quarter also a business and staff reorganization must be complete before further construction. a stark fact is that half of Union hill renters are medical, dental,and nursing students. ..............it is a15 minute trek on foot to hospital hill' made death looming in summer heat and winter cold. Gallerie will only be a 5 minute walk,pulling lots if not most renters from Union Hill.
union Hillill have to limit rent raises to compete and make some needed maintenance---crumbling sidewalks 'dirty dog urine soaked hallways &elevators,insects,etc.

moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: The Gallerie - 27th & Gillham Apartments and Condos

Post by moderne »

A five story concrete elevator shaft has sprouted up near the 27th and Gillham intersection. Now can get some idea of an area that has been barren for most peoples memories will look when built up to this height.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

moderne wrote:A five story concrete elevator shaft has sprouted up near the 27th and Gillham intersection. Now can get some idea of an area that has been barren for most peoples memories will look when built up to this height.
I came into work via 27th Street this morning for the first time this week and was shocked to see that there. I don't think I was fully comprehending the scale of this project until that moment.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Pedestrian access restored on McGee. New curbs and sidewalks on west side configured with driveways and approach walks for rowhouses in second phases. Seems odd that parking structure is rising on the highest elevation of the project. Nevertheless units on the upper floors facing west will have nice panorama overlooking cematary, Park Place, Fed Reserve, PV Park, Liberty Memorial and Crown Center. Why the lame name for this project? How about Union Hill Gulley or Crown Center Gulch?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Stick construction going up fast along McGee.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

Only 9 townhomes are now planned. The 'bus barn' on the west side of McGee which was originally to be demolished for a second grouping of townhomes is now planned to be renovated into an indoor/outdoor restaurant space with large garage door openings. They've brought on Hufft architects for this component.
As reported before, the condo building will likely be rental units instead. Lastly, the empty lots to the South were referred to as 'phase 2' by the developers when I spoke with them (the UC+B guys), so it sounds like infill extending south to the greenlease (sp?) building is likely.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Critical_Mass wrote:Only 9 townhomes are now planned. The 'bus barn' on the west side of McGee which was originally to be demolished for a second grouping of townhomes is now planned to be renovated into an indoor/outdoor restaurant space with large garage door openings. They've brought on Hufft architects for this component.
As reported before, the condo building will likely be rental units instead. Lastly, the empty lots to the South were referred to as 'phase 2' by the developers when I spoke with them (the UC+B guys), so it sounds like infill extending south to the greenlease (sp?) building is likely.
Really hoping to learn more about these townhomes soon. They look pretty good. Curious about layouts, pricing etc.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Critical_Mass wrote:Only 9 townhomes are now planned. The 'bus barn' on the west side of McGee which was originally to be demolished for a second grouping of townhomes is now planned to be renovated into an indoor/outdoor restaurant space with large garage door openings. They've brought on Hufft architects for this component.
I like this.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

smh wrote:
Really hoping to learn more about these townhomes soon. They look pretty good. Curious about layouts, pricing etc.
I see their website but not much about townhomes other than where they are going in. Did you see something specific about size and layout?
The townhomes would be in a nice buffered locale between the cemetery and the apartments. Could be rather appealing if McGee is not carrying a lot of traffic.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The townhomes(rowhouses) will be built out in a second phase of the construction.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

Highlander wrote:
smh wrote:
I see their website but not much about townhomes other than where they are going in. Did you see something specific about size and layout?
The townhomes would be in a nice buffered locale between the cemetery and the apartments. Could be rather appealing if McGee is not carrying a lot of traffic.
Yes, as interested buyers, my wife and I met with the UC+B guys. They gave us ballpark pricing and floorplans. It will be two 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath units on the ends, and the other 7 will be 2 bedroom / 2.5 bath units. Units are about 35' deep, 30' wide for the 3 br, 22' wide for 2 br. 3 stories, so do the math for square footage, though first level is mostly a 2 car garage (rear access from a shared driveway).
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Critical_Mass wrote:
Highlander wrote:
smh wrote:

Yes, as interested buyers, my wife and I met with the UC+B guys. They gave us ballpark pricing and floorplans. It will be two 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath units on the ends, and the other 7 will be 2 bedroom / 2.5 bath units. Units are about 35' deep, 30' wide for the 3 br, 22' wide for 2 br. 3 stories, so do the math for square footage, though first level is mostly a 2 car garage (rear access from a shared driveway).
Curious what was the ballpark pricing?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

hartliss wrote:
Critical_Mass wrote:
Highlander wrote:

Curious what was the ballpark pricing?
I would also like to know this.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

These are unofficial numbers, but when speaking with the developers I believe they told me around $360-370k for 2 BR and $410-420K for 3 BR
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

They must be pretty high-end considering the new townhouses the same developer built at 27th & Campbell still haven't all sold for less than $300k.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote:They must be pretty high-end considering the new townhouses the same developer built at 27th & Campbell still haven't all sold for less than $300k.
Hoping that's the case. I also think the location is much better on McGee versus 27th/Campbell.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

Not that much better.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

They seem to be nicer than the 27th & Campbell ones but maybe not as high-end as the ones they build near 63rd & Oak (which are $500k or more)

2 BRs are 1474 sf (plus 2 car garage)
3 BRs are 1621 and 1633 sf (plus 2 car garage)
So around $250 per finished sq foot
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote:Not that much better.
I hear you, but as a downtown worker I feel like I can still pretty easily live a carless life at 27th/McGee. Currently a little more difficult at 27th/Campbell though that is definitely changing fast. Imagine if the city made 27th attractive through that corridor instead of a traffic sewer. Could be real nice.