OFFICIAL - The Gallerie (27th & Gillham)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
grecobs
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: OFFICIAL - The Gallerie (27th & Gillham)

Post by grecobs »

Pictures please!!
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Here's a couple I took from the cemetery a few days ago:

chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

Monotonous headstone wall ruins the view.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Stone looks cheap. I've seen other headstones with higher quality stone that really highlights the chiseling details in the sunlight.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Gallerie - 27th & Gillham Apartments and Condos

Post by mean »

We just need more people to hurry up and die so we can put up headstones that block the view.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I don't think, at this point, with the square footage pricing they are getting for those graves that we can expect top level materials. We will see what happens when the market drives up the price.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

shinatoo wrote:I don't think, at this point, with the square footage pricing they are getting for those graves that we can expect top level materials. We will see what happens when the market drives up the price.
I actually heard they are giving first 2 decades rent for free. Must not be enough people dieing these days....
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

ldai_phs wrote:
shinatoo wrote:I don't think, at this point, with the square footage pricing they are getting for those graves that we can expect top level materials. We will see what happens when the market drives up the price.
I actually heard they are giving first 2 decades rent for free. Must not be enough people dieing these days....
You joke, but gravesite terms lasting centuries isn't a given.
During relatively recent times, the Père Lachaise has adopted a standard practice of issuing 30-year leases on grave sites, so that if a lease is not renewed by a family, the remains can be removed, space made for a new grave, and the overall deterioration of the cemetery minimized. Abandoned remains are boxed, tagged and moved to Aux Morts ossuary, in Père Lachaise cemetery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A8re ... e_Cemetery
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Yea I know. It was just a joke.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

27th has been reopened between Grand and Gillham. The road diet looks nice as it goes past one of the Hallmark surface parking lots, and some trees and grass should help even more.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Does this project include the vacant lot along Gillham from 27th to 29th or is entirely north of 27th? Google maps currently only shows construction north of 27th. If not included, the stretch from 27th to 29th becomes prime development land.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

I'm guessing you mean mean 27th Terrace, not Street? The current plans are just for the area between 27th Terrace and 27th St. UC-B/Milhaus has an option to buy the land between 29th and 27th Terrace for a later phase.

Here is the site plan for the current phase:
Last edited by KCtoBrooklyn on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

kcjak wrote:27th has been reopened between Grand and Gillham. The road diet looks nice as it goes past one of the Hallmark surface parking lots, and some trees and grass should help even more.
It would be nice if they could do something with the huge north facing blank brick wall that one is confronted with as they drive south on McGee Trafficway just before reaching Gillham. The building that houses the Cafe Europa looks pretty nice and integrated on the east side but the north facing wall of the apartment building is really stark. That entire landscape in that immediate area including some of the Union Hill apartments could use some work. Lots of ugly blank concrete and austere brick walls.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote:I'm guessing you mean mean 27th Terrace, not Street? The current plans are just for the area between 27th Terrace and 27th St. UC-B/Milhaus has an option to buy the land between 29th and 27th Terrace for a later phase.

Here is the site plan for the current phase:
Yes. 27th Terrace. Thanks
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

Highlander wrote:
kcjak wrote:27th has been reopened between Grand and Gillham. The road diet looks nice as it goes past one of the Hallmark surface parking lots, and some trees and grass should help even more.
It would be nice if they could do something with the huge north facing blank brick wall that one is confronted with as they drive south on McGee Trafficway just before reaching Gillham. The building that houses the Cafe Europa looks pretty nice and integrated on the east side but the north facing wall of the apartment building is really stark. That entire landscape in that immediate area including some of the Union Hill apartments could use some work. Lots of ugly blank concrete and austere brick walls.
Yeah, Union Hill is sort of bizarre. It doesn't seem like they cheaped out with materials or landscaping. But, then there's all these awkward elements like big blank walls and 20 air conditioners right next to the sidewalk and wooden stairs coming out of the middle of the building. It makes some blocks really awful to walk down.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote:
Highlander wrote:
Yeah, Union Hill is sort of bizarre. It doesn't seem like they cheaped out with materials or landscaping. But, then there's all these awkward elements like big blank walls and 20 air conditioners right next to the sidewalk and wooden stairs coming out of the middle of the building. It makes some blocks really awful to walk down.
The AC's are a little bizarre. Not seen that before. I am surprised they haven't had copper thieves descend on the complex with the AC's sitting right out for anyone to access.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The long term plan for the hillside north of Cafe Europa is a low triangular office building which will hold the offices and leasing for Union Hill.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

When are they supposed to build the gym/clubhouse building for the Union Hill apartments? I think it was planned to go on the NW corner of 29th and McGee Trafficway? Is that still part of the development plan?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

No longer in plan. They are trying to rebrand and market current gym, I have a feeling it is losing money. No longer 24 hours and will always have someone at front desk.