The Gallerie - 27th & Gillham Apartments and Condos

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: The Gallerie - 27th & Gillham Apartments and Condos

Postby FangKC » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:09 pm

So is the plan now to develop the lots north of 29th Street on both sides of McGee Trafficway themselves; or will they be sold to other developers (most likely the ones doing The Gallerie--UC-B Properties/Milhaus--in a future phase)?

moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Postby moderne » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:02 am

Union hill still has the rights for the two blocks but does not have immediate plans to build. the acquisition of the residence inn and its conversion has absorbed their energy this quarter also a business and staff reorganization must be complete before further construction. a stark fact is that half of Union hill renters are medical, dental,and nursing students. ..............it is a15 minute trek on foot to hospital hill' made death looming in summer heat and winter cold. Gallerie will only be a 5 minute walk,pulling lots if not most renters from Union Hill.
union Hillill have to limit rent raises to compete and make some needed maintenance---crumbling sidewalks 'dirty dog urine soaked hallways &elevators,insects,etc.

moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Postby moderne » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:10 pm

A five story concrete elevator shaft has sprouted up near the 27th and Gillham intersection. Now can get some idea of an area that has been barren for most peoples memories will look when built up to this height.

scooterj
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Postby scooterj » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 am

moderne wrote:A five story concrete elevator shaft has sprouted up near the 27th and Gillham intersection. Now can get some idea of an area that has been barren for most peoples memories will look when built up to this height.

I came into work via 27th Street this morning for the first time this week and was shocked to see that there. I don't think I was fully comprehending the scale of this project until that moment.

Return to “Downtown”