600 Central Renovation

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCDowntown
Colonnade
Colonnade

600 Central Renovation

Postby KCDowntown » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:07 am

On the LCRA docket is a request for incentives for renovating the former Oggi Furniture building at 600 central into 25 apartments - 1 studio, 21 one-bedrooms and 3 two-bedroom units.

KCDowntown

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: 600 Central Renovation

Postby FangKC » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:14 am

Historic Garment District building will be dressed up with new lofts

Another historic downtown building is slated for residential conversion.

On Wednesday, the Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority board is scheduled to consider a request for a 10-year, 100 percent property tax abatement to support the conversion of the Oggi Furniture Building at 600 Central St. into 25 loft-style apartments.

http://tinyurl.com/hyxvuxs

HalcyonKC
New York Life
New York Life

Postby HalcyonKC » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:46 am

Anyone heard any updates on this project? I live near this building and haven't seen significant progress, just a construction dumpster. A couple weeks ago, I noticed many of the building windows were left open overnight during a large rainstorm--although they then wisely closed them in advance of the July 27 storm. I'm wondering if work has actually stalled out for some reason, or if progress just seems slow since I can see it pretty much daily.

DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DaveKCMO » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:28 am

noticed the same. if i had to guess, they don't have their tax credits (the article says they would seek them) or financing yet.

DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DaveKCMO » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:40 am

progress.

MBE / WBE INVITATION TO BID

Homoly Construction is requesting MBE/WBE subcontractor and supplier bids for the OGGI Lofts Renovation Project at 600 Central in Kansas City,
Missouri. Prevailing wage not applicable. Bids are due in our office at noon on April 20, 2017. Goals for minority and women business enterprises are 15% and 8%, respectively. Scopes of work include demo, concrete, masonry, steel, rough and finish carpentry, roofing, insulation, windows, casework, flooring, sound attenuation, paint, appliances, conveyance, fire suppression, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and security.

A walk-through for bidders of the project is scheduled for April 4, 2017 at 10:00a.m., 600 Central in Kansas City, MO.

Return to “Downtown”