OFFICIAL - McCown Gordon HQ

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: OFFICIAL - McCown Gordon HQ

Post by TheLastGentleman »

rxlexi wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:46 amWish we could get some bump outs and plantings around the Muse of the Missouri fountain and add seating/public space, a la the Janette Sadhik-Khan era Manhattan pedestrian updates. It's quite a pretty fountain and would be a nice little island in the middle of Main Street if there was any way to allow folks to access easily.
The muse fountain also just needs more buildings north of it. It's always looked a little lost out there.

I'd love Main to get reconnected so we can get a big flatiron building at the junction. Would look like times square
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I have to admit that even though the new building is not significantly larger than the old one, I do like the appearance of the new building more.

kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Agreed. This looks good.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

i'll still bitch about it being underwhelming for being right next to a streetcar stop, but at this point that's mostly because i like bitching. this looks like a much, much better version of the corrigan out building with more pedestrian friendly ground floor and more interesting structure overall.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

wahoowa wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:12 am i'll still bitch about it being underwhelming for being right next to a streetcar stop, but at this point that's mostly because i like bitching. this looks like a much, much better version of the corrigan out building with more pedestrian friendly ground floor and more interesting structure overall.
The only thing I dislike about the building is that they kept the sidewalk very narrow despite plenty of opportunity to implement a wider path. I blame the City more than the company.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

McCownGordon Occupies Striking New Digs on Lower Main Street
Move over Muse of Missouri, the corner of Ninth and Main finally has another attraction pleasing to the eye with the opening of the new McCownGordon headquarters, a $10.5 million do over of a bland 1970s office building.

The approximately 300 McCownGordon employees completed their move into their new digs last month and CEO Ramin Cherafat is pleased with the work done by Helix Architecture + Design reinventing the building’s exterior.
https://cityscenekc.com/mccowngordon-oc ... in-street/