Freighthouse district renovations underway

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Freighthouse district renovations underway

Post by tat2kc »

Drove by the Stuart Hall Building today, and it looks like the conversion to lofts has begun! Dumpsters in place, windows open, portable generators in place, barriers up. It looks like this project is on the fast track!

The PCB building (2100 wyandotte) has begun the process of removing the contaminated interior. Workers in environmental suits are hauling off materials daily. This is scheduled to be completed by summer so that the demolition of the building can begin this summer. I've seen a few dumpsters already full and hauled away.

This leaves the Lee Building, at 20th and wyandotte, as the only building in the district with no activity. I thought this was supposed to be converted to lofts. I know the city council approved money for a parking garage between that building and mine (the safeway building) last year. Why the hell have these folks not gotten started? It is really going to stick out as the only vacant building, and its freakin huge!!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.